Wait times to get quicker ????

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Wait times to get quicker ????

Post by Dave M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Casual wrote:My dealer forgot to call and say my form 4 was in.... just got my can this week.. had been approved in Feb..... fawk!!!

So, July 17 to early Feb '18, individual form 4 via silencerco kiosk.

.22lr spectre 2
Find a different dealer

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Submitted a FOrm 4 via Silencershop kiosk last week. Timer is starting!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

G_Loc
Life Member
Life Member

Post by G_Loc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Couldn't take the suspense any longer and called the ATF about my Form 1 - it's still "pending" [smilie=012.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 pm

G_Loc wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm
Couldn't take the suspense any longer and called the ATF about my Form 1 - it's still "pending" [smilie=012.gif]
it will be pending until the day its approved
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 am

Wait times are jumping way back up for individuals from 4 months to 7+. From what I’m seeing is the FBI background check is what is stalling a lot of approvals. You think this is intentional ? Anyone know why they are increasing while they just received millions of dollars in additional budget to speed things up ?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:53 am

what you are seeing is the difference from when they had all the contractors working before the Thanksgiving holiday and the direct reflection of how nothing got done till after the first few weeks of Jan...nothing new, happened last year....those trackers are a joke anyways .....
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm

April 23 today I bought a Warlock 2 .22lr can and a Octane 45k. Will update when approved
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Called yesterday out of curiosity, at day 195 and still pending [smilie=012.gif] :ham'r

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm
Called yesterday out of curiosity, at day 195 and still pending [smilie=012.gif] :ham'r
7 to 7 1/2 months is the wait time now

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:41 pm

I got a trust back yesterday at 7 months

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 am

Looks like I’m no longer just “pending” and I’m now awaiting FBI Background check which many people on NFAtracker have recently received as well and have been stuck on the background check for an additional 6 months for some people. [smilie=042.gif]

I have a spotless record and a CWP so I think being a green card holder is what got me the delay as my background checks are also delayed a day or two for the same reason

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

your pending til the exact minuet they stamp it approved, all of the forms are pending after the data entry ( check cashing ) phase till it's stamped ...thats how it works, there are no levels of pending [smilie=011.gif]

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm
your pending til the exact minuet they stamp it approved, all of the forms are pending after the data entry ( check cashing ) phase till it's stamped ...thats how it works, there are no levels of pending [smilie=011.gif]

That’s no longer the case unfortunately , a couple dozen people have now only receive waiting FBI background check , and no longer just pending. There are several threads on the topic, some people reported being stuck on pending on FBI background check for over additional 1-6 months. A few case reported a person has been stuck on for 9 + months.

I called twice to confirm that I’m waiting on the fbi background check and not just “pending “
Last edited by Jonathanw on Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am

This has been an on going thing back dating back several months and several pages of threads stating the same thing

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:23 am

Ok believe whatever you read on the internet =:wvr

I speak to someone at NFA branch almost weekly, bottom line ...you're pending till you're approved !, whether your form is sitting on someone desk waiting for an error to be corrected or you're still in line, or waiting on FBI

and I'm sure they love answering the phone on a daily basis from every PEST with an item in JAIL, don't you think if there was some sort of problem they would contact you first ?? I argued with some know it all on UT about how rumors of people being pest's and keep calling to inquire status, each call is logged and I'm sure someone might bury your paperwork once they seen how many times a pest has called.

I'm gonna start getting all my info from NFA tracker [smilie=011.gif]

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 am

Gonna pick up a CMMG Banshee 9mm SBR and use my Ocatne 45k Suppressor w it. So easy to order now w silencer shop.com

NRA Benefactor Member

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 am

:ber .

Be careful bro , some people in one of the other forms were talking about the potential of a security breach at silencer shop would be devastating since they have your information plus fingerprints .....wow just wow

There was also talk on Uzitalk about how backed up they were some guy didn't even get his DocuSign email for like 8 days after you place the order