First day open and shop is burglarized that night...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: First day open and shop is burglarized that night...

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 pm

FSUnoles wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Knew it looked familiar, shame the old man died and they went out of business
thought it closed a while ago, I think he just died last month, FWIW, his families construction company basically built most of the homes and condo and commercial shopping centers in Lauderdale Lakes, he wasn't fun to be around, mostly sat up stairs polishing his pennies, those that knew he was also a huge knife, coin and fountain pen collector, but I will say, it was fun working there all those years. _:
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Ah I was told he died and the daughter sold off all the property/guns. :---)

Your version makes more sense, shot there a few times back in the day, didn’t like the windows w strange folks staring at you. The range was clean and staff was nice.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 pm
FSUnoles wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Is that Arizona gun range?
Was..... circa 2005 right after Hurricane Wilma....
I thought that happened during the hurricane, so the police didn’t come out when the alarm went off because then winds were still too high.
Libertas aut mortis!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

I thought that happened during the hurricane, so the police didn’t come out when the alarm went off because then winds were still too high.
something like that...the power was still on tho, the crooks ran 200 ft of extension cord from an exterior outlet and used a 4.5 inch angle grinder to cut open the shutters , in and out in like 50 seconds, they left a bunch of AR's, and AK even the rental machine guns and took a bunch of shotguns and long guns, and a few 1911's and glocks , IIRC
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

something like that...the power was still on tho, the crooks ran 200 ft of extension cord from an exterior outlet and used a 4.5 inch angle grinder to cut open the shutters , in and out in like 50 seconds, they left a bunch of AR's, and AK even the rental machine guns and took a bunch of shotguns and long guns, and a few 1911's and glocks , IIRC
Yeah I remember one of the counter guys telling me they walked right by a machine gun and a bunch of ARs. I get why they were after pistols, something concealable to sell to their fellow crooks, and the shotguns could’ve been sawed down but why take the other long guns and leave the good stuff? Didn’t the guns turn up later in some kind of drug raid?
Libertas aut mortis!