Ruger Charger Barrel wt

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Ruger Charger Barrel wt

Post by neverenoughguns » Wed May 02, 2018 10:17 pm

I am trying to justify to myself that it is beneficial (not just cool) to go from the factory Charger barrel to a 6" Kidd barrel. The 6" Kidd is about a pound, does anyone know the wt of the factory tapered Charger barrel?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Ruger Charger Barrel wt

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 am

I got the 6 inch Stainless bull barrel threaded on my charger, couldn't be happier, its heavy, but the look I was going for ...I cut my original charger barrel down to 4.5 inches so I couldn't help ya there
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 am
I got the 6 inch Stainless bull barrel threaded on my charger, couldn't be happier, its heavy, but the look I was going for ...I cut my original charger barrel down to 4.5 inches so I couldn't help ya there
I had finished reassembling my charger and only then did I think about the weight.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 pm

neverenoughguns wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 pm
Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 am
I had finished reassembling my charger and only then did I think about the weight. I just know that when we took the barrel off for engravingvthat I was shocked by how heavy it was.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Regular 10/22 barrels can be found cheap as a lot of people take them off and upgrade to other aftermarket barrels you could always cut it down to any length.... as long as you're not going to be using the front sight
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.