Trump to Attend NRA Meetings in Dallas

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Trump to Attend NRA Meetings in Dallas

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 pm

I do both and I go to rallies when possible and I’m not even a citizen yet(will be this year) that’s more than many people in the US who take their freedom for granted (not implying anyone on the board).Ill walk the walk when required to stand up for issues, such as immigration, I’ve gone above and beyond the average person to help protect the southern border despite the risk of death or kidnap when out there.

I plan on getting my SOT when viable but doesn’t mean I won’t still support people who want to experience the fun of “full auto” with range toys gimmicks. You could use that same argument about owning any guns. Having people misusing guns will always hurt us regardless if they use a gimmick product

I know many 18 year olds that I trust more with firearms than I do most adults. Obviously you’ll have to ultra liberal people at college but you be surprised at how many young people are on the fence with guns that talk like that does nothing but pin them against us. The constitution is for everyone, not just the select few

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:56 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm
The problem with "accepting limits on the 2nd amendment" is that anti's will use that precedent as justification to impose even more limits.... and then even more limits after that.... etc. etc., incrementally, until there is no more 2A. Where would it end?
The limits already exist, and have existed for 50+ years.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:56 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm
The problem with "accepting limits on the 2nd amendment" is that anti's will use that precedent as justification to impose even more limits.... and then even more limits after that.... etc. etc., incrementally, until there is no more 2A. Where would it end?
The limits already exist, and have existed for 50+ years.
Precisely the point. It's already started. Who knows where it will end?

Look, I don't have a problem with the Secret Service doing its job and protecting POTUS/VPOTUS, etc. I don't consider that a 2A violation as I don't necessarily need to be anywhere VIP's like that are, thus subjecting myself to those "restrictions." Nor do I have an issue with 2A rights being taken away for a felony conviction or an adjudication of mental illness, albeit they should be restored wherever possible, once the situation resolves itself. If the potential candidate is too great a risk to have their 2A rights restored, then they should not be let out of prison/mental institution. But I do have a problem with those rights being restricted "in general," and where they have been restricted, historically, they (the restrictions) should be repealed.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue May 01, 2018 6:28 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 am
With the sun engulfing the earth. Until then, I am glad that high explosives are not an off the shelf item; that we cannot build bombs in our trucks; that anthrax is illegal; that nerve agent is a crime; and that the NRA agrees with me and not you. Because if the general public believed gun owners wanted all that legal under the 2nd amendment, we would see the 2nd amendment repealed.
Brian

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 01, 2018 7:35 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:28 am
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 am
With the sun engulfing the earth. Until then, I am glad that high explosives are not an off the shelf item; that we cannot build bombs in our trucks; that anthrax is illegal; that nerve agent is a crime; and that the NRA agrees with me and not you. Because if the general public believed gun owners wanted all that legal under the 2nd amendment, we would see the 2nd amendment repealed.
I have yet to see anyone advocate for any of that ever , and none of those items are standard infantry weapons which I’d argue the second amendment covers(Basic arms of a standard infantry solider, hence why every fighting aged male is apart of the “militia”. Even though those items are banned , they still have all been used in the US as weapons so criminals or terrorists don’t exactly care for the fact there banned.

Weren’t you the person glad full autos are banned? I’m sure your thrilled bumpstocks are a felony if that’s the case

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 01, 2018 7:57 am

After all the fighting over what the 2nd means and what should be available is over it still remains that this is a no brainer. No way should carry be allowed in these circumstances. I can understand that reasoning and hopefully others can as well.

As for bump stocks well, no biggie to me as I see them as a gimmick. However that is the bigger point. What I care or you care for does not matter. What the law says does. Now work to change that law by all means but until it is changed follow it.

I see both sides of this but the middle ground usually is the one that wins. No compromise folks rarely get their way and yes that is from both sides. Calling names here is not going to help. Calm discussion might though. Listen and be willing to look at others ideas.

As for a university shooting group or even non citizens rights I am on the side that is concerned. I am not convinced anyone under 21 is mature enough these days for a lot of things and buying firearms ranks right up there. Problem as always is some are and how do we protect ones rights without stopping on someone else's.

The non citizen thing is a non starter period. No right to vote and not a citizen means to me you have no right to input at all. This is not your country. I know that sounds harsh and some will disagree but it is my opinion. Non citizen and you do not like our laws? Leave. Easy solution. I am tired of people coming to my country or state or county and wanting to change it. Look at Florida to see what happens when that is allowed.

So, for the NRA convention piece yeah it is a burden but I understand it. Is it a major issue for me? Nope I am too busy to go this year. So I can let the rest of you fight over that one.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 am

First I’ve been on this forum since I was 18 years old and have responsibly owned guns, since the day after that birthday. Hell i even built a gun before than just to see if I could do it. I’m sorry to tell you but they actually let 18 year olds join the military as well and give them explosives. Scary thought right? It’s good to see members on this board think I wasn’t old enough and mature enough to own guns =:wvr I’m 22 today and I’m every bit mature enough to own firearms as was the day I turned 18.

Second the Constitution does not give people rights, it’s simply stated the government acknowledges those basic human rights at birth. I learned that 7th grade US government. I’m not for changing laws(pretty much the opposite), I want to perverse American values and the constitution because I’ve actually lived in places that do not have that freedom, I don’t take it for granted. I’ve lived in this country over half my life and can become a citizen at anytime which I’m in the process of doing now.Id die for this country if required and my actions have reflected that by driving 5000 miles to Arizona and back trying to protect the border from cartels when I have the time. I’ve done more for this country than many citizens, who are to lazy to do anything for American values. So no I’m not going to be silenced, I think I’ve earn my right to speak freely here. This is my Home.

There also has been no name calling of any members here

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:35 am
I have yet to see anyone advocate for any of that ever ,
Well, my response was to one that was, so you aren't paying very good attention.
Jonathanw wrote:
Weren’t you the person glad full autos are banned? I’m sure your thrilled bumpstocks are a felony if that’s the case
No, I'm not, but with your reading comprehension skills as low as they are, it doesn't surprise me you might think so.
Brian

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
Well, my response was to one that was, so you aren't paying very good attention.
Jonathanw wrote:
No, I'm not, but with your reading comprehension skills as low as they are, it doesn't surprise me you might think so.
FfNJGTFO wrote: ↑The problem with "accepting limits on the 2nd amendment" is that anti's will use that precedent as justification to impose even more limits.... and then even more limits after that.... etc. etc., incrementally, until there is no more 2A. Where would it end?
No where in that do I see explosives or chemical weapons being advocated for. Firearms and explosives are vastly different things, any rational person knows that. You are just putting words in his mouth, without asking to clarify his position or what he meant. Before trying to insult me, you should really work on your own reading comprehension skills first. It’ll give you credibility next time.

It’s the same silly arugment I’ve heard from liberals comparing owning rifles to owning nukes =:wvr

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Jonathan, calm down sit. You see, I also served this country, long before you were even born, and we'll before I was even 18. Yes I have a dd214 to prove it.

Several items come to mind, first is not everyone has the same level of maturity not even displays it. Going out to play in the desert with some folks that are not in any way connected to actually authority does not make a great resume builder in my humble opinion. There are too many of those tires of groups running around thinking they are doing something good when they may in fact be hampering real operations. Maybe not. Point is we do not know.

So in the end calm down just a bit, step back a little, learn from those that have been there done that, realize a lot of the folks on this board were serving their country long ago and longer and more real operations than playing in the desert in the US. Give them folks their due son. You ain't nothing yet, you may be some day as the mark of s smart man is how he learns. Seems I heard that myself when I first joined the Marine Corp and was full of people and vinegar.

I for one so not care your heritage. If you are willing to adapt to this country then you are welcome. If not, well, I will help anyone procure a ride back to where they came from, all they gotta do is ask.

Again for the original topic, do you not want the reason for the no carry rule?
Remember:
2 truths in life

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:02 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:33 pm
Jonathan, calm down sit. You see, I also served this country, long before you were even born, and we'll before I was even 18. Yes I have a dd214 to prove it.

Several items come to mind, first is not everyone has the same level of maturity not even displays it. Going out to play in the desert with some folks that are not in any way connected to actually authority does not make a great resume builder in my humble opinion. There are too many of those tires of groups running around thinking they are doing something good when they may in fact be hampering real operations. Maybe not. Point is we do not know.

So in the end calm down just a bit, step back a little, learn from those that have been there done that, realize a lot of the folks on this board were serving their country long ago and longer and more real operations than playing in the desert in the US. Give them folks their due son. You ain't nothing yet, you may be some day as the mark of s smart man is how he learns. Seems I heard that myself when I first joined the Marine Corp and was full of people and vinegar.

I for one so not care your heritage. If you are willing to adapt to this country then you are welcome. If not, well, I will help anyone procure a ride back to where they came from, all they gotta do is ask.

Hey fellow 17 year old Marine Corps Vets [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:02 pm
n0rlf wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Hey fellow 17 year old Marine Corps Vets [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Semper Fi Brothers! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Remember:
2 truths in life

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 pm

In no way have I disregarded anyone’s service, as I stated I wasn’t pointing out anyone on the board. Ive met many members on here that served and I thank their service. I wish I could have joined them in service, I went to enlist when I was 17 years old and not eligible as my ear drum was destroyed and couldn’t get a waiver.

What bothered me is when people are okay with taking away the rights of legal adults in this country and wonder why the new generation isn’t more pro-gun. Calling them stupid and immature isn’t an effective way to garner more members on the board who I recommend them to join for more information. Than people wonder why people barely show up to shooting events

I am calm, in no way have I acted hostile to anyone, yelled in all caps or name call. I’ve just stated my opinion about the thread and proceeding topics, if you don’t like that than fine, I’m okay with disagreements. That’s the last thing I’ll say on the issue. As for carry at NRA, it’s their choice, I never took issue with that

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue May 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm
Cardboard_killer wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
Jonathanw wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote: ↑The problem with "accepting limits on the 2nd amendment" is that anti's will use that precedent as justification to impose even more limits.... and then even more limits after that.... etc. etc., incrementally, until there is no more 2A. Where would it end?
No where in that do I see explosives or chemical weapons being advocated for. Firearms and explosives are vastly different things, any rational person knows that. You are just putting words in his mouth, without asking to clarify his position or what he meant. Before trying to insult me, you should really work on your own reading comprehension skills first. It’ll give you credibility next time.

It’s the same silly arugment I’ve heard from liberals comparing owning rifles to owning nukes =:wvr
Precisely! :ber And in no way am I advocating or considering anything within the context of 2A other than conventional firearms that can be "kept and borne" by "We, the People." However, I do include NFA, full auto, large capacity mags, etc. within that context as things for which we do have RKBA.

Refer to my pevious thread on "Nuclear Fudds..." The gist of it is that some people do feel the RKBA (2A) does apply to things like Nukes, tanks, missiles, etc. etc. (assuming a private citizen could actually afford to buy/own them) simply because these are things the govt. possesses that *could* be used against "We, the People" and that "We, the People" should be equally armed against the govt. if we are to be prepared and able to "overthrow the existing and form a new government," per the Declaration of Independence. I, for one, being rather apprehensive if I saw my next door neighbor building a Cruise Missile silo in their back yard, thus making his (and mine by proxy) back yard a 1st strike target! If the "Founding Fathers" had to take Nukes, etc. into account when framing the DOI/US Constitution, I wonder if they would have been so generous in their RKBA declaration for "We the People." But I digress.

AFAIC, 2A applies only to conventional, portable firearms, be they NFA, full auto, or otherwise. But everything within that realm should be included.

camacho

Post by camacho » Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

tector wrote:
Skoll wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm
It still perplexes me how anyone can fool themselves into thinking Trump is pro 2A with his record.
I think most people are not fooled. They just think he is not-Hillary, which was enough.

I think Pence is more genuinely pro-2A, however.
Bullseye

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 pm
In no way have I disregarded anyone’s service, as I stated I wasn’t pointing out anyone on the board. Ive met many members on here that served and I thank their service. I wish I could have joined them in service, I went to enlist when I was 17 years old and not eligible as my ear drum was destroyed and couldn’t get a waiver.

What bothered me is when people are okay with taking away the rights of legal adults in this country and wonder why the new generation isn’t more pro-gun. Calling them stupid and immature isn’t an effective way to garner more members on the board who I recommend them to join for more information. Than people wonder why people barely show up to shooting events

I am calm, in no way have I acted hostile to anyone, yelled in all caps or name call. I’ve just stated my opinion about the thread and proceeding topics, if you don’t like that than fine, I’m okay with disagreements. That’s the last thing I’ll say on the issue. As for carry at NRA, it’s their choice, I never took issue with that
Sorry, any group that has even a few people doing all the things we see them do and even video tape themselves doing is going to be referred to as stupid by me. Eat a tide pod, burn yourself on a stove, have someone shoot you with a book as a vest, etc....

I am sure you can see how that term, stupid, is earned by some. As for immature, well triggering events were not even heard of even ten years ago, crying closets, taking time away when your candidate loses, lots of other items that does make "this generation" seem like they are not as grown u up as previous ones were at the same age.

That does not mean you fall into that category but it seems a lot do. So, is 21 the right age? I am not sure but it may have to be considered. As long as the youth of today keep acting like they are it will happen. Sad however it happens but there are a lot of youth I would not trust with a car or credit card more or less a gun.

Just by the decisions on college degrees they make I would worry about a lot of them.

Again, as we have never met none of that may apply to you. It may for all I know. I do know that the more we see of this generation online and on the news the more I am leaning towards thinking raising the age was a good thing.
Remember:
2 truths in life

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 01, 2018 6:30 pm

The only difference is technology, your telling me that no one in your generation was a complete moron and did stupid things? The world was complete paradise until the 90s?

Information is spread so fast , it’s pretty remarkable how things can go viral in less than an hour which causes the stupidest of the generation to go viral. I hate my own generation but I don’t collectively blame all of them as I don’t call all previous generations racists despite a small portion of them were. I judge people’s character on an individual basis. The same thing happened with mass shootings. Because news travels so fast and is prioritized that it appears the problem is growing however statistically it’s going down to a degree compared to previous decades.

Technology has changed everything in all situations and topics

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 01, 2018 9:25 pm

You are correct in that technology has hurt some. It is easier now to see Darwin is going to be a very busy guy.

And yes when we were Young we did some things that were considered stupid. But nothing like today's generation that seems to thrive on outdoing each other for the most viral stupid videos. Hell, just the fact do many follow the Kardashians says a lot. Lol

Yes there are always a few that are more mature but my own interactions and even my own children telling me they also dislike there current generation have made me even more cynical.

I hear some all day long complaining about having to work and how hard it is to make a living. Then they complain about not getting anywhere while surfing the net instead of doing their jobs. I see college kids protesting things they have n no clue about. I see protestors blocking traffic, did that traffic cause the issue? Nope. Too stupid to even protest in s meaningful manner.

Makes me sad to see where this country is headed. However there is always hope, even though faint.

Maybe Tide pods will turn out to be their smart pill.

Either way I will be happy to hoist a beer with anyone as long as they can show they are mature enough. Call it a barley pop and you are on your own. Lol
Remember:
2 truths in life

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 pm

I was hoping Trump would be doing a lot more when comes to guns but it is what it is anything better than Hillary I mean she still telling everyone it's not her fault for losing that says a lot she just like Sheriff Israel no accountability.
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:08 am

Why should a 'militia unit' have oh I don't know a mortar team? Light artillery? Armored personnel carrier?
If your town had the finances what should stop them?
Then the police would NOT need those MRAPs 0bama was giving away. =:bye
Way back when America was a colony of GB towns had cannons, private war ships were given 'Letters of Mark' and expected to protect shipping/fishing vessels of the time.
Really we only need a 'Standing Navy' the militias should be the ground force preventing invasion, you know like the one going on now?
/:f :ber

But none of this has a thing to do with the NRA convention and Trump/Pence being there.
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!