Trump to Attend NRA Meetings in Dallas

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
camacho

Trump to Attend NRA Meetings in Dallas

Post by camacho » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 am

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump to Attend NRA Meetings in Dallas

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Apparently, there is a bit of controversy as the Secret Service is banning the carrying of personal weapons by individuals attending when POTUS/VPOTUS are present in the hall and/or speaking.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/guns-ban ... d=54820675

Unfortunately, the article makes it seem like the NRA is banning the weapons, but.... one must consider the source... [smilie=042.gif]

[smilie=popcorn.gif]

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Awesome!

An event where they both can collaborate on how to better f/;k us next and sell our rights back to us for donations and votes [-( but never fulfill on those promises. I sure do love when National reciprocity and HPA was passed [smilie=025.gif]

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm

It still perplexes me how anyone can fool themselves into thinking Trump is pro 2A with his record.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Skoll wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm
It still perplexes me how anyone can fool themselves into thinking Trump is pro 2A with his record.
I think most people are not fooled. They just think he is not-Hillary, which was enough.

I think Pence is more genuinely pro-2A, however.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 pm

I started 5 pages of jumping up and down and screaming in an apoplectic rage over at arfcom with this one question.

What rights did you have on 1/1/2018 that you dont have now because of Donald Trump?
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:08 pm

TC6969 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 pm
I started 5 pages of jumping up and down and screaming in an apoplectic rage over at arfcom with this one question.

What rights did you have on 1/1/2018 that you dont have now because of Donald Trump?
Name one gun rights we gained because of trump?

Also with trumps blessing and support, we lost bumpstocks, due process and many of the people in my USF shooting club can no longer legally buy firearms or ammunition. Which hurts the new shooters getting in this community. Idk your age but a couple years ago, I would have my rights taken away if it happened back than.

But I guess if Fudds and NRA can keep their hunting rifle and 12GA, I guess it’s all good and Trump is the savior of gun rights :ber

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:09 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:14 pm
Unfortunately, the article makes it seem like the NRA is banning the weapons,
They are banning the weapons by agreeing to the SS's demands. What's wrong with that? They also don't let me bring in my glass bottle of Anthrax, nor my 2000lbs fertilizer bomb. Does that make them anti-2nd amendment?

People who want to believe that the 2nd amendment doesn't have limits are deluding themselves. Everyone from the top down recognizes limits to the 2nd amendment. Protecting the president is just one of those limits.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:08 pm
TC6969 wrote:

Also with trumps blessing and support, we lost bumpstocks, due process and many of the people in my USF shooting club can no longer legally buy firearms or ammunition. Which hurts the new shooters getting in this community. Idk your age but a couple years ago, I would have my rights taken away if it happened back than.

But I guess if Fudds and NRA can keep their hunting rifle and 12GA, I guess it’s all good and Trump is the savior of gun rights :ber
Do you still own guns? Congrats, you aree better off than you would have been under Hillary and the deomcrats!

Sometimes you have to be thankful for small things. If Hillary had been elected and filled the SCOTUS seat we would be well and truly hosede completely now. Nothing to stop them. At least now we can be thankful for a little bit. Don't like the NRA? Don't go and do not send them money! Seems pretty simple to me.

Just as we scream someone else's rights should not trump ours, so should ours not trump theirs. POTUS and VPOTUS are entitled to the right of safety. It would dseem logical that if anyone was goin got attempt some BS and carry was permitted it wouold be rather difficult to protect them. On the other hand you should be fairly safe while there. If the SS says no due to POTUS/VPOTUS being there then stay away during his speech if it bothers you that much, come back later when they are gone.

Dang guys, I think there are bigger issues to scream about! Don't give the anti's any more fuel.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Jonathanw wrote:

think of gun rights as a hole in the ground, its not getting any deeper as it would have under Hillary, but Trump isn't filling it back in either as we all hoped, forget the sacrificial bump stocks, I would have given those up no matter who won, the age thing, just another sacrificial lamb, most 18 to 21 yr olds are too worried about Fortnight, beer and chicks than guns, its just a couple of years and you can buy whatever you want,
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:09 pm
People who want to believe that the 2nd amendment doesn't have limits are deluding themselves. Everyone from the top down recognizes limits to the 2nd amendment. Protecting the president is just one of those limits.
The problem with "accepting limits on the 2nd amendment" is that anti's will use that precedent as justification to impose even more limits.... and then even more limits after that.... etc. etc., incrementally, until there is no more 2A. Where would it end?

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 pm
Jonathanw wrote:

think of gun rights as a hole in the ground, its not getting any deeper as it would have under Hillary, but Trump isn't filling it back in either as we all hoped, forget the sacrificial bump stocks, I would have given those up no matter who won, the age thing, just another sacrificial lamb, most 18 to 21 yr olds are too worried about Fortnight, beer and chicks than guns, its just a couple of years and you can buy whatever you want,
The seizures without due process is what worries me the most about that bill. Sure they will use it on the real crazies right now until everyone accepts it as normal and necessary but then what happens when believing in the true meaning of the constitution is “crazy?”

Also the bump stock part has very broad and vague wording.
Libertas aut mortis!

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
TC6969 wrote:

Do you still own guns? Congrats, you aree better off than you would have been under Hillary and the deomcrats!

Sometimes you have to be thankful for small things. If Hillary had been elected and filled the SCOTUS seat we would be well and truly hosede completely now. Nothing to stop them. At least now we can be thankful for a little bit. Don't like the NRA? Don't go and do not send them money! Seems pretty simple to me.

Just as we scream someone else's rights should not trump ours, so should ours not trump theirs. POTUS and VPOTUS are entitled to the right of safety. It would dseem logical that if anyone was goin got attempt some BS and carry was permitted it wouold be rather difficult to protect them. On the other hand you should be fairly safe while there. If the SS says no due to POTUS/VPOTUS being there then stay away during his speech if it bothers you that much, come back later when they are gone.

Dang guys, I think there are bigger issues to scream about! Don't give the anti's any more fuel.
There were a lot more better non anti-gun politicians in the primaries. Obviously I’m happy trump won over Hillary but it still doesn’t justify a anti second amendment president. Republicans got complacent and now in over a year trump help get passed more gun control in Florida than 8 years of Obama. That’s unsettling, given we have more attacks, I highly doubt he’s going to stay firm and not call for AWB 2 when his current gun control laws don’t work. At that point it wouldn’t matter if he or Hillary won, it would be the same result. He’s free to speak there but neither him or NRA have historically have the second amendment as there number one priority and don’t trust either. I won’t renew my membership until new leadership gets put in place

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:31 pm

So if you are not going then why do you care? Is it just something to scream about? And yes their were better candidates in the primary however they lost. So it does make a difference in that Trump picked a conservative for Scotus seat. So that is already a plus.

Look on the bright side. There is always a positive side.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm
. Republicans got complacent and now in over a year trump help get passed more gun control in Florida than 8 years of Obama.
That was Rick Scott the gov.....not Trump

Unless you're still going on about the stupid bump stocks
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Damn y’all are riled up. I love having trump at the nra meetings. I’m going myself to the nra show
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:24 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
. Republicans got complacent and now in over a year trump help get passed more gun control in Florida than 8 years of Obama.

You dont understand, Rent!

Trump BETRAYED us by not repealing the NFA and legalizing suppressors the day after he was elected!

He was supposed to forget about running a freaking country, and concentrate on gun owners and their rights.

Then he issued a MEMORANDUM that held NO legal weight instructing his underlings to look at a few minor things that might placate the insane left until something else came along to make them focus their hate in another direction!

The handful of governors who knee jerked themselves into passing some feel good legislation is all on him, cause they are just following HIS lead!

Its ALL on him!
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Jonathanw wrote:

Trump openly supported and congratulated Scott for all the anti-gun laws. My shooting club is severely hurt now because of the new laws, stripping the rights of 18-20 year olds the ability to buy their own guns. ruining chances of getting more young people from a liberal college into shooting(which was working I might add), which is truly how we win this fight. With trump saying that not to fear the NRA and to support gun control he gave them political cover for voting anti-gun measures. Without political cover and support more republicans in the state House would have voted. He’s directly responsible for helping the new Florida laws. I also don’t own a bumpstock, but it’s the principle of the matter. Not everyone is a SOT and can manufacture Full auto guns for dirt cheap. If someone wants to have a cheap range toy, it’s their right, regardless if it’s not practical.
Last edited by Jonathanw on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 pm

TC6969 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Rentprop1 wrote:
Jonathanw wrote:

You dont understand, Rent!

Trump BETRAYED us by not repealing the NFA and legalizing suppressors the day after he was elected!

He was supposed to forget about running a freaking country, and concentrate on gun owners and their rights.

Then he issued a MEMORANDUM that held NO legal weight instructing his underlings to look at a few minor things that might placate the insane left until something else came along to make them focus their hate in another direction!

The handful of governors who knee jerked themselves into passing some feel good legislation is all on him, cause they are just following HIS lead!

Its ALL on him!
No one is saying it’s all his fault however denying that he gave political cover for republicans to pass anti gun laws for the sake appeasement of the left is just ridiculous. My grandparents in England learned the hard way that appeasement doesn’t work when their towns were bombed by Nazis. It’s a losing strategy, and always has been.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Write a letter...call your congressman

dont hate the player hate the game

If you ever get your 07 or sot and pay all these fees.... you'll sit on pins and needles hoping one of these idiots who worship these loophold devices dont fvck it all up for the rest of us..... I like being the gun business I don't want to have to sell shoes or work at 7-11, because of a loophole.
If 18-21 year olds have to be another sacrificial lamb, then so be it .... I have not seen very many in that age bracket I would consider responsible enough... your shooting club may be an exception but give me a half an hour sitting with you on campus, at the quad, and I could easily pick out a couple hundred kids that can barely walk and chew bubble gum.... and you want to give them a right to own a firearm ....hell no....for christs sake man they already vote the wrong way... [smilie=011.gif]