War in Syria? Why?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Re: War in Syria? Why?

Post by Skoll » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:28 am

Remember when Russia invaded Georgia? Crimea? Ukraine? Those were all illegal invasions right?

I don't recall anyone really doing anything about it but lip service. You can cry "that's illegal!" all you want but when the people who hold the power don't give a s';t, what are you going to do? Nothing.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

dammitgriff

War in Syria? Why?

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:33 am

You’re going to stay out of other people’s business, is what you’re going to do.
You don’t interject yourself into the middle of a fight when you don’t have a dog in it.
We don’t like other nations nosing around our business here in America, and the feeling is certainly mutual concerning other countries’ interests.
Such a simple concept yet so difficult to follow.
By the way, the people of Crimea voted to rejoin Russia, which Crimea had historically been a part of for centuries.
R/Griff

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

We're ( and we as in the US, our government ) not going to stay out of peoples business. I'm not sure if you're being willfully thickheaded or naive, but our country is kind of KNOWN for butting in where we're not welcome. For many decades now. The clearest example I can give of this is Iran. Or any country in Latin America.

Yes, it sucks that this happens, no I don't agree with it. That doesn't mean your opinion or mine is going to do fuckall because there are bigger things at play than some posts on a random gun forum.

and yes, Crimea wanted to go back to Russia so bad that it required an invasion. Riight.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Politics, being what it is, is the reason our nation is where it finds itself today...totally screwed.
—Griff

dammitgriff

War in Syria? Why?

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:08 pm

Charles Hugh Smith sums it all up here: https://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html?fullweb=1
R/Griff

Augdawg

Post by Augdawg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:38 pm

The UNSC will not approve military action against Syria, Why, Russia is a voting member. While I don't agree in sticking our nose into other peoples business, the use of chemical weapons against innocents is a no no in my books. How do we go about solving the problem when the UNSC will not(China, and Russia are members). How about the innocent people who are affected by what is going on in Syria? ISIS will kill them if they don't subscribe to their way of thinking. Assad will kill them if they don't agree with his Government. What is great about the US is at least you have a voice and can say what is on your mind. I see this daily on this board and other boards. I'm appreciate all of the viewpoints on this board. /:f

dammitgriff

War in Syria? Why?

Post by dammitgriff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Still waiting on proof a chemical attack even happened...
How long before CNN/CBS/FOX air their reports from their respective investigative news teams in Douma, Syria? Western media journalists, if they were really committed to principles of accuracy and critical investigation, should be poring over the rubble in Douma, interviewing local people and finding out what really happened. But they are not.
That is why, one suspects, they are not there. That is why the US and Britain are now accusing Russia of "tampering" with the site in Douma – because there is no evidence of a chemical-weapons attack.
That’s right—they didn’t send any journalists to Syria to interview locals. Guess we’ll just have to take them at their word that the U.S., the U.K. and France DIDN’T commit a war crime against a sovereign nation based on conjecture and reports by the CIA-funded, Oscar award-winning White Helmets group.
‘Merica!
—Griff

dammitgriff

War in Syria? Why?

Post by dammitgriff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Paul Craig Roberts:
“Today reporters no longer have to check sources, because there is no longer journalism in America. When the Clinton regime in compliance with the Deep State that made the Clintons super-rich permitted 90% of the independent and diverse US media to be concentrated in the hands of six political companies, that was the end of journalism in America. All we have now is a propaganda ministry that lies for a living. Anyone in American journalism who tells the truth is either immediately fired or in the case of Tucker Carlson at Fox News is set upon by outside presstitutes in an effort to force Fox to replace him. I wonder how long before some woman pops up and claims Tucker Carlson sexually harrassed her.
As far as I can tell, the United States is now a police state in which all information is controlled and the population is trained to believe the propagana or be accused of lack of patriotism and consorting with terrorists and Russians.”
Yep, I see that all over the place.
R/Griff

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 am

Well, what do you know:
“After speaking with eyewitnesses on the ground in Syria, even mainstream media are beginning to cast doubt on the West’s narrative of an alleged gas attack in Douma, as medics tell French, German and UK media it never happened.”
Of course it didn’t.
—Griff

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:48 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 am
Well, what do you know:
“After speaking with eyewitnesses on the ground in Syria, even mainstream media are beginning to cast doubt on the West’s narrative of an alleged gas attack in Douma, as medics tell French, German and UK media it never happened.”
Of course it didn’t.
—Griff
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/worl ... ation.html

Yeah, sure, and the UN investigators were only shot at because the Syrians needed target practice.. Wake up, Griff! Stop looking at the world through the warped lenses of your ideology.

Gunmen Shot at U.N. Team Near Site of Reported Chemical Attack, Official Says

By BEN HUBBARDAPRIL 18, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/worl ... ation.html

BEIRUT, Lebanon — A United Nations security team was fired on in the Syrian town of Douma, raising doubts on Wednesday about when international investigators would be able to visit the site of what was suspected to have been a chemical attack.

Eleven days have passed since rescue and medical workers in Douma reported an attack that left victims choking and foaming at the mouth, killing at least 43 people.

Blaming the government of President Bashar al-Assad for the attack, the United States, Britain and France launched coordinated strikes on Syrian military facilities on Saturday, describing them as punishment for what they called Mr. Assad’s use of chemical weapons.

The Syrian government and its Russian and Iranian allies have denied that any chemical weapons were used and blamed rescue workers and rebels for what they called concocted videos said to show the suffering of victims as a way of demonizing the Syrian government.

But the lack of access to the site has left lingering questions about whether chemical weapons were used and if so, what type or types.

A team from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons arrived in the Syrian capital, Damascus, on Saturday, with a mandate to investigate the attack. But the team has not yet been able to reach the site.

This has led to accusations by the United States that the Syrian government and Russia are trying to cover up any evidence of chemical weapon use — a charge they deny.

The investigators were originally scheduled to visit the site on Monday but did not. On Tuesday, the Syrian government said the team had not been able to go for security reasons, although it had allowed a number of journalists to visit Douma. Some of those journalists visited the site of the attack and interviewed residents who lost members of their families.

The residents differed on who was responsible for the attack, with some accusing the government and others accusing the rebel group that had been in control of Douma at the time, the Army of Islam.

But the fact that journalists had been able to wander around Douma unmolested raised questions about why it was not deemed safe enough for the investigators to visit.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

dammitgriff

War in Syria? Why?

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am

The NY Times?
You can’t be serious.
“US officials and the presstitutes tell us that the illegal US missile attack on Syria destroyed chemical weapons sites where chlorine and sarin are stored/manufactured. If this were true, would not a lethal cloud have been released that would have taken the lives of far more people than claimed in the alleged Syrian chemical attack on Douma? Would not the US missile attack be identical to a chemical weapons attack and thus place the US and its vassals in the same category as Washington is attempting to place Assad and Putin?

What about it, you chemical weapons experts? Do chemical weapons only release their elements when they explode from intended use but not when they explode from being militarily attacked?

There is no evidence in Syria of chemical residue from the chemical weapons facilities allegedly destroyed by US missiles. No dead victims. No reports of hospitals treating Syrian casualties of the American chemical attack. How can this be if such sites were actually hit?

When I was a Wall Street Journal editor newspapers had competent journalists to whom such a question would occur. But no more. Stephen Lendman takes the New York Times to task for its unprofessionalism. The NY Times is no longer a news source. It is a propaganda megaphone.”
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/0 ... rent-lies/

If a healthy distrust of our lying-ass government is considered “warped ideology”, then I’m a warped SOB.
I get your point, though—no one wants to hear anyone trash the Saviour of Humanity, the Messiah of ‘Merica, the Earl of Exceptionalism...the U.S. government.
It’s dangerous to be right when your government is wrong, after all.
R/Griff

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:21 pm

US government officials offered “zero real evidence” that the Syrian government was behind the alleged chemical attack in Douma, relying instead on information circulating online, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Kentucky) said.

In their briefing to Congress, the director of national intelligence and the secretaries of defense and state reference “info circulating online,” Massie tweeted on Thursday, adding that this means they either don’t have conclusive proof or they chose not to provide it to Congress. “Either way, not good,” he added.

(A lie by omission is still a lie)
R/Griff

Hotspur
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Hotspur » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Griff, cannot quite make up my mind about you. Either you are an Assad apologist, or else you are a putinista.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Neither. That info came from a U.S. congressman. Even our own government doesn’t trust itself.
I don’t believe anything our government tells the American people, especially through our captured media.
We’ve truly created a monster here. Sooner or later, they will cross the line you drew in the sand...maybe then you’ll understand.
Our nation is lost. I see no return to a peaceful way of life here as long as those bastards in D.C. keep sucking air.
R/Griff

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:18 am

Keep up the Russian disinformation, trolls. [smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 am

No doubt Russia is taking advantage of the geopolitical discord in the Middle East...Washington, D.C. set precedent for that, after all.
It’s time to rethink these costly, endless wars that do nothing to bolster the safety of the common American citizen.
$1T in Iraq, $1T in Afghanistan, who cares how much it costs—until the bills come due and national bankruptcy becomes possible.
We’re already being edged out of the oil futures and trading market between Russia, China, Iran, South Africa and Brazil.
It doesn’t take a genius to see where all this is heading, which is nowhere good for us here in the U.S.
R/Griff

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

War in Syria? Why?

Post by captain steinbrenner » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am

I remember back in 2003 a County structural inspector came back from Iraq and was telling us “You know? If we don’t go and kill them over there we will be having firefights with them on I95”
Out of respect for him I contained my laugh, got in my truck and drove away laughing my ass off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by captain steinbrenner on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 am

Bismarck supposedly said "The whole of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier." That is generally how I feel about Syria.

On the chemical attack issue I have no doubt Assad is a big enough monster to do such a thing. WHY he would have done so in this specific instance is a question, since he was winning big already.

And then there is the memory hole about previous gas use, such as this:

http://www.newsweek.com/now-mattis-admi ... ple-801542

My 2 cents, I am done. 2 cents is one cent more than Syria is worth.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm

tector wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 am
Bismarck supposedly said "The whole of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier." That is generally how I feel about Syria.
This is generally how I feel about the entire Middle East, including Israel. Not worth a single ounce of American blood.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Amen to tector and Skoll.