Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 pm
- Location: Sunshine and Rainy State
Uberti .45 has brass accents on the trigger guard and back strap. Want to blend in with the rest of the revolver, or come close to it.
- Life Member
- Posts: 23157
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm
- Location: Finally relaxin in the country in Citrus Co
NO, it will not take the color, its actually harmful and will damage the bluing solution - tanks , and most likely start to disintegrate
you can polish, plate it , or paint it that's about it
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.
- Executive Member
- Posts: 760
- Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:20 pm
- Location: Jax, Fl
Maybe have it powdercoated?
- Senior Member
- Posts: 411
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 am
- Location: Land-O-Lakes,FL
Just replace the brass with a steel trigger guard / backstrap......you'll never be 100% happy otherwise.....
- Junior Member
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm
Leave it brass or replace it, or Cerakote/DuraCoat it.
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk