Any federal LEO's or anyone who know's federal LEO's

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Any federal LEO's or anyone who know's federal LEO's

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 am

I'm considering a potential career change from my current profession, and I'm looking to network professionally with federal LEO's (or DCAA auditors if there are any on the forum) to explore my opportunities.

I'm currently a Big 4 auditor (1.5 years of experience), with my CPA, and currently applying to sit for the CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner). I have a Masters from UCF.

I'm waiting to see if I make Senior at my current job, but I might not stick around long much after that.

Because I'm seriously out of shape, I'm considering just forensic accounting analyst positions, but I was thinking after a year of working a 9-to-5, I'd have my act together enough to have gotten into better shape, and then I'd apply for an agent role.

I'd appreciate anyone who might be able to help me network with people in the field.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

Re: Any federal LEO's or anyone who know's federal LEO's

Post by Beck77 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

We had a friend through Girl Scouts years ago who went from being an accountant with the US treasury service to a uniformed/armed treasury agent. She did weekends at FLETC and even at age 40ish was able to transition to an uniformed/armed agent. I haven't seen her in a few years but the last time I did she was still working in federal law enforcement.

Good luck with your career, my oldest daughter is also a CPA with PWC in Atlanta, she just made senior last year and works way to many hours. She is a tax accountant mainly and seems to enjoy it, even with the crazy hours.