Our President Speaks the Truth - Add your favorite Shithole here...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
pokeeejoe
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Our President Speaks the Truth - Add your favorite Shithole here...

Post by pokeeejoe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Port-au-Prince was a shithole when I was there back in the 1970's. I don't really think Haiti still being a shithole can be blamed on anyone but the Haitians. Then again, maybe a few natural disasters improved the place and the Clintons restored it to it's natural shitholiness :-)

regards,
Joe

wolfdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wolfdog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 pm

If I recall my history correctly we , the US that is rebuilt Haiti twice before the Clintons had their turn. Built roads, ports, industry, agriculture, then turn it over to the residents and in a few years it is a shi*hole once again.
If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 pm

The Philippines. Liked the people, very nice. The place though was a true shithole.

Ok so I loved the women. Just had to check and be sure they were not of Rent's variety.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm

I have a map of the world pinned up on one of my walls.
My son & I have looked at that map while discussing this very subject many times.
In my humble opinion there is very little real estate in this world that is not a shithole.

That being said I lived in Puerto Rico for 6 years when I was a kid back in the 60's and it was a shithole.
Went back with my wife & son in 2008, still a shithole.
Now after the hurricane damage, I cant even imagine.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Belle Glade fits right in there with that description too.

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 pm

California!! [smilie=popcorn.gif]
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 pm

BerettaRacer wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm

This is what it looks like these days, it was slightly different back then. Darker blue hull etc. Twin MTU's, approx 4000 HP
In '86 it was considered the fastest conventionally powered yacht in the world, flat water about 35knts. cruise 27-28knts, then the turbine/water jet boats took over for much higher top speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMtE_t7iOAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJRh4Uah1Gk

Few years ago they did that vid "I'm on a boat" on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

Before that when I was on it we did a "Miami Vice" episode
I water skied behind it off Cape May, NJ on calm day.
One rough night, with seas behind us, we were regularly surfing the face of waves at 40+ knts, few over 45. Big time scary, pitch black, couldn't slow down, you'd broach and roll.

pretty impressive for 22 yrs ago

now this thing it pretty amazing !

37 meters, 184 gross tonnage, 58 knots max speed
Carbon Fibre hull & superstructure
(3) MTU 16V 4000 M90 series engines, each rated at 3,698hp
Kamewa jet drives, total power output is a superlative 11,000hp

http://iyc.com/yachts/ermis-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_d_miS5bs

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:00 am

pokeeejoe wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm
Port-au-Prince was a shithole when I was there back in the 1970's. I don't really think Haiti still being a shithole can be blamed on anyone but the Haitians. Then again, maybe a few natural disasters improved the place and the Clintons restored it to it's natural shitholiness :-)

regards,
Joe
I was first in Haiti coming down from Chicago in winter in 1985 and Port-au-Prince wasn`t great. It got much, much, much worse. In 1917 Port-au-Prince was occupied by the U.S. and the city was planned on a grid with a sewage system for 100,000 people. There are over 3 million living in Port-au-Prince now and the sewage system was never updated. That stinks [smilie=011.gif] .

There was a Lebanese/Syrian family in Petionville around 2005 that had opened a large bakery " Epi d`Or" and they loved Port-o-Poop. They had a bakery in Ivory Coast before and always said how much nicer Haiti was! I put Ivory Coast on my personal black list.

Dr. Dickie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dr. Dickie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:23 am

Dave M wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 pm
Dr. Dickie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:29 pm
tector wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 pm
Whatever you think of Trump, if Haiti ISN'T a shithole, nothing is.
Well, I don't know. I think Haiti aspires to be a shithole.
The question wasnt what that country aspires to be, but what they currently are.
Watch Paul Joseph Watson's video on this subject , it has nothing to do with race.
I am not sure you know what the phrase "aspires to" means, Google "aspirations," the root word.
As far as race, you were the only to mention that, so we know what you think.
Haiti gives the word shithole a bad name.
Repeal the 17th Amendment, let’s put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 am

It's easier to make a list of places that are NOT s';t holes.

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 am

"Mid-Town" St. Petersburg.
Camden NJ
Atlantic City NJ two blocks west of the Boardwalk
I don't travel much and the only time I was outside of the US for pleasure was Aruba in 1981.
/:f
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 am

+ Many on Haiti. Their history is one of an endless string of screw-ups: black racism, enslavement by their own government, revolutions, assassinations, terror, bloodshed and a culture of stupidity. Honestly, I can't blame anyone for wanting to exit the place. Even the Dominicans who share the island with them despise Haitians.

Egypt is just plain filthy. I have a vivid memory of a little old lady cooking stew in a stand on a Cairo bridge over the Nile. She sold the last of a pot to a customer then tied a rope to the pot and dunked it in the water, next to the floating garbage and dead dogs.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

ss1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ss1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 am

shithole cities:

Lima, Peru
Kingston, Jamaica
Camden, NJ
Belle Glades

Honorable mentions:

Albuquerque
Los Angeles
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Ft Pierce
Rome

I’ve taken a cruise that stopped at Labadee Haiti, but that is a cruise line controlled area. There were Haitians in row boats begging at the side of the ship. Flying over Haiti and the DR you see the stark difference. The Haiti side is deforested and the DR side is lush green with mature trees.

pharmer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pharmer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am

Although I've been gone almost 40 years, Passaic, Paterson, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Jersey City, are not worth even passing through. Joe
Deplorably Optimistic

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

pharmer wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am
Although I've been gone almost 40 years, Passaic, Paterson, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Jersey City, are not worth even passing through. Joe
Add New Brunswick.....

Beck77

Post by Beck77 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm

I was in northern Haiti, near the town of Cap-Haïtien in November 2009, about 2 months before the major earthquake in January 2010. Major sections of the roads we used to drive out to our mission site in Bois de Lance were paved but had potholes that you could lose a VW in. All the young people spend all their time nearly trying to get out of the country. The Haitian people are great but their government has completely screwed the population. We were taking in huge generators and irrigation equipment so that the people we were working with could grow more crops and provide jobs to the people. We spent more than 2 hours in the airport stuck while our Haitian people figured out how much of a bribe we needed to pay?

I was riding in the front of a tap tap for a trip in to Cap when I observed a bearded (odd in Haiti) guy jogging through the streets with nothing on but sneakers. There are many decent people in Haiti, but the country is certainly a s';t-hole. At the time all the young people who wanted to go to college had to go to the Dominican Republic but very few could afford to do so.

TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TampaShooters » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Was in Dominican republic a few weeks ago.... Total Shithole...
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:12 am

Beck77 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm
The Haitian people are great but their government has completely screwed the population. We were taking in huge generators and irrigation equipment so that the people we were working with could grow more crops and provide jobs to the people. We spent more than 2 hours in the airport stuck while our Haitian people figured out how much of a bribe we needed to pay?
The Haitian people could easily, and very often have, overthrow their government. They've had 53 rulers since the Haitian Revolution of 1791. The problem is their culture is antithetical to good, honest government, which requires putting the good of the country before your own desire for money and power.

This has led to 225 years of driving out almost everyone who could be of value in establishing a competent government. It started with driving out first the whites, then the mixed blood managerial and commercial class. Today the resulting mess is driving out anyone with a bit of talent.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Flame Red » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 am

TampaShooters wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 pm
Was in Dominican republic a few weeks ago.... Total Shithole...
I once stopped in the Dominican Republic as a cruise excursion. Got on a bus and drove to some beach resort. That resort was very high class, full of Europeans that were well endowed and went bouncing around topless. My teenage kids at the time did not want to return to the US for some reason? Very classy place.

Yes, the rest of the country was a shithole. Garbage and sewage in the streets. Didn't one of the former presidents (Bush?) vacation there?

Wanted to add Jamaica to the list. The Brits should never have given that up as a colony! The Brits always ran a classy operation and kept it from turning into a Shithole!
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 am

Beck77 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm
I was in northern Haiti, near the town of Cap-Haïtien in November 2009, about 2 months before the major earthquake in January 2010. Major sections of the roads we used to drive out to our mission site in Bois de Lance were paved but had potholes that you could lose a VW in. All the young people spend all their time nearly trying to get out of the country. The Haitian people are great but their government has completely screwed the population. We were taking in huge generators and irrigation equipment so that the people we were working with could grow more crops and provide jobs to the people. We spent more than 2 hours in the airport stuck while our Haitian people figured out how much of a bribe we needed to pay?

I was riding in the front of a tap tap for a trip in to Cap when I observed a bearded (odd in Haiti) guy jogging through the streets with nothing on but sneakers. There are many decent people in Haiti, but the country is certainly a s';t-hole. At the time all the young people who wanted to go to college had to go to the Dominican Republic but very few could afford to do so.
Do you still have to deal with vestiges of the Tonton Macoute, etc.?