Marlin xt-22 tubular

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Marlin xt-22 tubular

Post by revelation » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 am

Anyone ever owned or have any experiences with this rifle? I never have owned a bolt gun and it is essentially a marlin 60 which is a classic! It would just be used for bench shooting.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Marlin xt-22 tubular

Post by better2have&notneed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:31 pm

I got the xt-22rz 5ish years ago...mag feed, bolt action with a threaded barrel. I got a youth stock for it so my daughter could shoot .22 suppressed.
After getting the rz, I was looking for xt-22tsr (same as the tubular you're talking about except in stainless) but no one around here ever had it in stock.
The rz worked good for me, I haven't shot it in a long time, I think I'll take it out Thursday and knock the dust off her.

revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Post by revelation » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:48 am

better2have&notneed wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:31 pm
I got the xt-22rz 5ish years ago...mag feed, bolt action with a threaded barrel. I got a youth stock for it so my daughter could shoot .22 suppressed.
After getting the rz, I was looking for xt-22tsr (same as the tubular you're talking about except in stainless) but no one around here ever had it in stock.
The rz worked good for me, I haven't shot it in a long time, I think I'll take it out Thursday and knock the dust off her.

CDNN has the Ruger American 22lr now for 199.99. Same magazine as the 10-22. Seems like a solid rifle as well.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm

I have a Ruger American .22lr also, and it's nice.
If you're digging the Ruger American .22, then check out the latest offering from Ruger:
https://www.ruger.com/products/precisio ... odels.html

revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Post by revelation » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 am

better2have&notneed wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm
I have a Ruger American .22lr also, and it's nice.
If you're digging the Ruger American .22, then check out the latest offering from Ruger:
https://www.ruger.com/products/precisio ... odels.html

Sweet Mary Jesus that is incredible!

George Orwell.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 pm

CDNN Sports got the first batch had them up on their website today for 399.

I'm going to wait for it to be out a little bit and work out all the Kinks before I from commit ...they will probably be 299 by next Christmas.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.