Future of bump fire devices?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Future of bump fire devices?

Post by Taco » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm

tector wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:59 pm
Well, it is ATF legal no doubt. When did they get blessed by the ATF, in the GWB or Obummer administrations?
It was Obama administration who approved spring less slidefire. NRA used it in the statement and consecutive writers have been harping on that point. Not quite sure how that matters. It's not like they created it, they, as the group tasked with being experts in firearms and the laws surrounding them determined it didn't violate anything existing.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Hippie

Post by Hippie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm
I put a binary in my SBR lower with suppressors on it. I guess I'll be flipping out any day now.
I don't get. The guns, stock, ammo and magazines have gotten more attention than the damn killer.

Hold on I better go lock my safe. I dont want that suppressed sbr with a binary trigger sneaking in here and whispering in my ear to go out and do something horrible. After all the only thing they were designed for was killing masses of human being =:wvr

No ban, law or anything would have stopped this from happening.
Along with the binary sbr, maybe lock the keyboard in the safe too. You’re starting to go full retard on this.

Tector said the product was basically useless in all but some far fetched Red Dawn scenario. I fully agree. That in no way implies that the slide fire manufacturers designed and produced it with malicious intent. The simple fact is they came up with an idea that skirts by on the side of NFA legality and probably thought they had a new innovative money maker, but they made a product that has no valid use for the hunting, sport shooting, or self defense community of shooters, period.

No, the slidefire didn’t “make” the guy go crazy and kill 59 people. But it certainly “helped” him kill them. And, no, a ban wouldn’t have stopped him from still going up there and shooting people one trigger pull at a time, and maybe he would’ve still killed 30 people. But maybe 29 more people would be alive if that irresponsible product had not been introduced.

At some point our shooting community needs to step aside from the hard lined, never give an inch mentality and at least have some common f-ing sense about what’s a worthwhile fight and what’s just damaging our reputation and credibility.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 am

Hippie wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm
firemedic2000 wrote:
I put a binary in my SBR lower with suppressors on it. I guess I'll be flipping out any day now.
I don't get. The guns, stock, ammo and magazines have gotten more attention than the damn killer.

Hold on I better go lock my safe. I dont want that suppressed sbr with a binary trigger sneaking in here and whispering in my ear to go out and do something horrible. After all the only thing they were designed for was killing masses of human being =:wvr

Along with the binary sbr, maybe lock the keyboard in the safe too. You’re starting to go full retard on this.

Tector said the product was basically useless in all but some far fetched Red Dawn scenario. I fully agree. That in no way implies that the slide fire manufacturers designed and produced it with malicious intent. The simple fact is they came up with an idea that skirts by on the side of NFA legality and probably thought they had a new innovative money maker, but they made a product that has no valid use for the hunting, sport shooting, or self defense community of shooters, period.

No, the slidefire didn’t “make” the guy go crazy and kill 59 people. But it certainly “helped” him kill them. And, no, a ban wouldn’t have stopped him from still going up there and shooting people one trigger pull at a time, and maybe he would’ve still killed 30 people. But maybe 29 more people would be alive if that irresponsible product had not been introduced.

At some point our shooting community needs to step aside from the hard lined, never give an inch mentality and at least have some common f-ing sense about what’s a worthwhile fight and what’s just damaging our reputation and credibility.
Bump fire stocks have been out for at least seven or eight years that I know of and one is never ever been used to commit a crime up until now.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:47 am

I support the second amendment but........
:ham'r

You do realize the guy could have used elastic bands to bump fire, or simply bought a legal MG , blaming a dumb product is just as dumb as blaming guns in general

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 am

La rue tactical :ham'r ](*,)

Augdawg

Post by Augdawg » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am

molivo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 am
Hippie wrote:
firemedic2000 wrote:

Bump fire stocks have been out for at least seven or eight years that I know of and one is never ever been used to commit a crime up until now.
We have given up a lot so far and "never give a inch mentality" is what is needed. If the gun community wants to stick their head in the sand and become an ostrich, then we will lose so much more. The slide fire stock is not the problem or anything some people may find unacceptable. I've said it before and will say it again, the gun grabbers and antigunners will not give up until everything gun related is banned. Look at England and Australia for example. No one ever said it would be easy.

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Augdawg wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am
molivo wrote:
Hippie wrote:
firemedic2000 wrote:

We have given up a lot so far and "never give a inch mentality" is what is needed. If the gun community wants to stick their head in the sand and become an ostrich, then we will lose so much more. The slide fire stock is not the problem or anything some people may find unacceptable. I've said it before and will say it again, the gun grabbers and antigunners will not give up until everything gun related is banned. Look at England and Australia for example. No one ever said it would be easy.
Ok, please explain what we have given up?
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm
Troll?

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Nope, I have had lot of things taken but I did not give up a damn thing.

Big f'ing difference
Remember:
2 truths in life

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Do you not think this world traveler could have very easily imported a crate of real deal AKs from Africa for the 40k he spent on the guns he was suppose to have in his room?

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Lilwoody wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 pm
Do you not think this world traveler could have very easily imported a crate of real deal AKs from Africa for the 40k he spent on the guns he was suppose to have in his room?
Stop confusing folks with reality.
Logic is not their strong suit after all.
Remember:
2 truths in life

Hippie

Post by Hippie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Lilwoody wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 pm
He sure could have. But he didn’t need to.

It was much cheaper to buy slide fires.

Augdawg

Post by Augdawg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am

n0rlf wrote:
Augdawg wrote:
molivo wrote:
Hippie wrote:

For Starters: Gun Control Act of 1968, Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, Assault Weapons Ban 2004 (eventually sunsetted), requirements for some FFLs to report multiple long gun sales in certain States.

When will it stop?

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 am

Augdawg wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am
For Starters: Gun Control Act of 1968, Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, Assault Weapons Ban 2004 (eventually sunsetted), requirements for some FFLs to report multiple long gun sales in certain States.
So are you in favor of the repeal of the prohibition of automatic firearms to the general public? I'm against it myself.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 am
Augdawg wrote:
So are you in favor of the repeal of the prohibition of automatic firearms to the general public? I'm against it myself.
Any criminal will have one anyways, last time I checked, meth and herion are illegal. Doesn't stop people manufacturing in large quantities. The only people it prohibits is us responsible gun owners, and that's about it.

Note: I'd be fine with it being an NFA item as long new ones were allowed to be manufactured. I think that's fair . But a straight up ban does not stop someone getting it with some motivation

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am

Jonathanw wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am
Note: I'd be fine with it being an NFA item as long new ones were allowed to be manufactured. I think that's fair .
To be sure I understand, you are for new automatic weapons being made as long as the licensing requirements to own one remain the same.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am
Jonathanw wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am
Note: I'd be fine with it being an NFA item as long new ones were allowed to be manufactured. I think that's fair .
To be sure I understand, you are for new automatic weapons being made as long as the licensing requirements to own one remain the same.
Well I wouldnt mind if they were treated like regular firearms but that is a compromise I'd be willing to make to appease other people who are scared of that kind of freedom, even within our community
Last edited by Jonathanw on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Augdawg wrote:
n0rlf wrote:
Augdawg wrote:
molivo wrote:

When will it stop?
Again, I did not give anything up. It was f'ing taken. Stop reelecting the idiots. Get out and work to get new people to run. Only legal way to stop it. So far anyway.
Remember:
2 truths in life

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 pm

[quote=Cardboard_killer post_id=1082064 time=1507824862 user_id=4791
[/quote]
Boy will that piss off the thousands of current owners who paid $10,000 + for their class III guns. GARY

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 pm
Boy will that piss off the thousands of current owners who paid $10,000 - $50,000 for their class III guns. GARY