Lynx what should i expect, who wants to help me shoot it

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Ben V.

Lynx what should i expect, who wants to help me shoot it

Post by Ben V. »

I ordered one of these things for the hell of it. im going to abuse it, and really try to handle it hard. does anyone have one of these or wqant to help me abuse the one im going to get next week?
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

What's a lynx and where do you shoot?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I havent had one of their fully built guns in my hands, but have helped a local buddy build one from WBP parts, and the parts seemed to be of high quality and same spec as any surplus AK parts I had on hand.

The Lynx seems decent. Comparable to a Draco
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

the Lynx is a saiga12 clone. i will probably go to the hernando sportsmans club in a few weeks with it.

i am going to be pretty critical on it, seeing how i handled the warranty contract on the saigas for a wihle, nevermind how many of them ive worked on or handled.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Oh ok. I assumed you meant the WBP Lynx AK47 from Poland. Thats my bad.

Those Lynx shotguns from China, I think SDS imports brought those in. I've read somewhere that it's DDI's manufacturer from their DDI-12 shotgun, which was, from what I read about it, not the greatest of quality. I think the Lynx was the "improved" version of the failed DDI-12, so its probably better than it's predecessor.

The only Chinese "Saiga" clone I've ever had was the Catamount Fury, it wasn't a bad gun. A little rough around the edges for for its price point wasn't bad overall.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Ben V. wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:08 pm the Lynx is a saiga12 clone. i will probably go to the hernando sportsmans club in a few weeks with it.

i am going to be pretty critical on it, seeing how i handled the warranty contract on the saigas for a wihle, nevermind how many of them ive worked on or handled.

How'd it end up shooting for you? Does yours have the new (improved?) stainless bolt carrier?

Classic has the new (?) Lynx for $349 , its tempting. If yours ran well I may have to try to work on getting one.
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

it doesnt have the chrome carrier, wish it did. shot fine with 3" loads, but kisses the bolt buffer on lowest gas setting. i did minor polishing to the fcg and bolt underside, helped a little. may give it a serious fcg job in the future