Florida AK Shops

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

retainer cap ?? as in front hand guard retainer ?? , does the front sight and gas block need to be removed, got a pic of what you want done ? ?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:41 pm retainer cap ?? as in front hand guard retainer ?? , does the front sight and gas block need to be removed, got a pic of what you want done ? ?
Yup, exactly that. Image

To put the Magpul Zhukov furniture on, you need to remove that cap (in my case, sawed it off). I know they make bolt ones now but I'm thinking sometime in the future I'd rather just get an actual one put back in.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

your probably looking about $ 65 to 75 bucks in labor plus the part, a bolt on one might be a better option if you are looking to save a few bucks
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

That doesn't sound too bad. I'll probably provide my own, its not like those caps are expensive. I'm sure Apex has a ton still.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Not bad price for labor at all.

It could be quick and painless, or it could involve soaking in Kroil for three days, and need every ounce of ass the press has to give to get them off (cough, Chinese AK's, cough).
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I fucking love AKs, I seriously wish they were as easy to build as ARs.

I guess if they were though, they'd lose that legendary durability.
revelation

Post by revelation »

Didn't Rent do an AK build party a few years back? I would love to build one.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

revelation wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 am Didn't Rent do an AK build party a few years back? I would love to build one.
my first one was back in 2000, then 2002, and again in 2005 and 2009, but those days are long over, no time now