Florida AK Shops

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Skoll

Florida AK Shops

Post by Skoll »

Can we get a list of reputable shops in Florida that can do custom or maintenance work? A friend of mine may need to rebarrel his AK soon and he doesn't know of anyone down here in West Palm that could do it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

Don's Gun Shop in Ft. Myers--he comes to the FTL show (usually at least) so he may be there this weekend. Don Quinnell.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
tector

Post by tector »

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:11 pm Can we get a list of reputable shops in Florida that can do custom or maintenance work? A friend of mine may need to rebarrel his AK soon and he doesn't know of anyone down here in West Palm that could do it.
Just curious, why is he looking to re-barrel it?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

tector wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 pm Don's Gun Shop in Ft. Myers--he comes to the FTL show (usually at least) so he may be there this weekend. Don Quinnell.
Thanks.
NorincoKid wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:50 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:11 pm Can we get a list of reputable shops in Florida that can do custom or maintenance work? A friend of mine may need to rebarrel his AK soon and he doesn't know of anyone down here in West Palm that could do it.
Just curious, why is he looking to re-barrel it?
He's had it for over 10 years and says the accuracy is dropping noticeably.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I can take care of that, all of my contact info is here or on Facebook

www.gunstockandbarrel.com

p.s. not trying to turn work away, but I've got a full auto AK with close to 8 K rounds thru it.... its not chrome lined and still accurate AF :mrgreen:
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 pm Don's Gun Shop in Ft. Myers--he comes to the FTL show (usually at least) so he may be there this weekend. Don Quinnell.
I second this. Don built me a beautiful milled Krink, as well as 2 FAL’s. His work is second to none. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 pm I can take care of that, all of my contact info is here or on Facebook

www.gunstockandbarrel.com

p.s. not trying to turn work away, but I've got a full auto AK with close to 8 K rounds thru it.... its not chrome lined and still accurate AF :mrgreen:
Thanks, i forwarded him all the info here. I have no idea what the round count of his AK is, just that he has had it for forever.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Its a pretty straight-forward job. Not as easy as doing an AR, but not super hard either. Just need the proper tools, gauges etc.

I've had some nasty Yugo barrels, bore looked like a sewer pipe (The Centerfire $9.99 M70 barrel lottery) that still held decent groups. Dunno.

Not to derail this, but like Rent said, a good old commie CL/CHF barrel is pretty robust. 8K on a US barrel in FA and still good groups is nice. Whats your buddies round count?

Hows the crown? Different muzzle device? Optic?

I never really got into going for accuracy with AK's, Usually if I can hit a paper plate at 100 yards off-hand consistently with iron's I called it GTG.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Can't really give you that info on an AK I haven't seen or shot. Last time we went shooting AKs he brought his C39 and I didn't want to shoot it.

As a personal question, what's a ballpark figure for getting a retainer cap put back on? I'm thinking about ditching the Magpul Zhukov I have right now and maybe investing in the Zenit full length.