Is your IP Banned? Read this thread.

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.

Moderators: SKSseven, John K, tony k, Nicolas, rug357, Sweep

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Ban

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:12 pm

I pmd my IP address for my phone to John. Please fix this issue
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Gregh181 wrote:I pmd my IP address for my phone to John. Please fix this issue
You should be good to go.

avmech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avmech » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:11 am

Had the exact issue this morning on one of my ipads. Logged in no problem with my other one and the wife's. Ended up deleting FSN, powering down the ipad, turn back on, no problem. Since I had pushed the "contact board administrator" on the message, my email address was sent out, so reset email password.

Definitely weird!

Merry Christmas

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:21 pm

If anyone is still having problems with IPs just let me know and I'll reset it.....it is a simple fix when you know the address.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:51 pm

To explain things to anyone not technically savvy about how networking works, your IP address normally does not stay the same and every time you connect a device to the internet an IP address is assigned to it by the internet service provider it is using from a block of several IP address that that service provider "owns." Thus if you have for instance a Verizon phone, when you power it on and connect to a cell tower and get internet you are assigned an IP address from Verizon, and it can change any time you switch cell towers or otherwise lose and reestablish the connection a new IP could be issued. This same IP address could have been used by anyone else on the Verizon network last week, yesterday, an hour ago, or even 5 minutes ago. Thus you are not banned but your current IP address is, which means someone else using the same service provider as you did something that got that specific IP(or perhaps block of IPs) banned. The fact that the IP address changes will explain why sometimes it will work and other times it won't, when it doesn't you have the banned IP when it does you have a different IP. You can replace "Verizon" with sprint, at&t, comcast, or any other internet provider, the point is each separate company has their own range of IPs they assign from when one of their customer's connects to the internet.
Libertas aut mortis!