Post edit expiration ?

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.

Moderators: SKSseven, John K, tony k, Nicolas, rug357, Sweep

G17Steve
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post edit expiration ?

Post by G17Steve » Sat May 07, 2016 4:27 pm

I have noticed in the BST forum that eventually you can't edit anymore to lower price etc on the original thread. I don't think this was always the case. Any reasoning on this change ? I think it would be better to have unlimited editing ability for price adjustments.

Sutol
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post edit expiration ?

Post by Sutol » Sat May 07, 2016 6:03 pm

It was made a long time ago to avoid sellers belching on their prices. If you need to update the price, you can post a message in the thread.

G17Steve
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by G17Steve » Sat May 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Sutol wrote:It was made a long time ago to avoid sellers belching on their prices. If you need to update the price, you can post a message in the thread.
Yeah but few would scroll down once you've bumped the thread a few times to see you new price. Plus you can't edit the tittle to put "price drop" or the like. Juat doesn't seem like "belching" whatever that is would be that big of a problem.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sat May 07, 2016 9:39 pm

http://floridashootersnetwork.com/viewt ... 0&t=123050

Rule #9.

Send a PM with a link to the thread, and we can edit it for you.

G17Steve
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by G17Steve » Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm

I am aware of that rule, at one time I believe it was understood between the mods and users that forms of editing were not allowed.Such as changing the price without leaving the previous price, and of course not removing the price once sold i.e. Rule 9. I seem to remember the post being editable throuout the listing and you were free to make any changes within the rules of BST. Am I wrong in that recalection ?

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun May 08, 2016 11:04 pm

G17Steve wrote:I am aware of that rule, at one time I believe it was understood between the mods and users that forms of editing were not allowed.Such as changing the price without leaving the previous price, and of course not removing the price once sold i.e. Rule 9. I seem to remember the post being editable throuout the listing and you were free to make any changes within the rules of BST. Am I wrong in that recalection ?
You are correct. With the updated board software it is automated.

If you need an edit, just send a PM.

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Tue May 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Total PITA and I've avoided making changes to my ads. b/c of not wanting to hassle mods but if thats the way its going to be...
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill