Way to disable mouse over?

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.

Moderators: SKSseven, John K, tony k, Nicolas, rug357, Sweep

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Way to disable mouse over?

Post by John K » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:19 pm

That's not an option in our mouse-over MOD. Which forum software are they running?

czharry wrote:It would be nice, as long as we have a mouse-over, is that it opened to the right side of the subject like it does on all the other forums I have been to, instead of opening below the subject header.
Yeah, I know, you just can't please everybody, but even those guys know the mouse-over opens to the right.

OK, necro-post is done.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:06 pm

It is vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 . However, I was a little off with my info. On the other, the mouse-over seems to open directly under the cursor and to the right. So if the cursor is at the end of the subject line, it opens to the right, beginning under the cursor.
If cursor is in the middle of the subject line, it opens in the middle, under & to the right of the cursor.
Subject: Look at this thing I found in the barn out back by the old pond.
.............................................................(mouse cursor) ^ It's a big green snake-like thing.

..................(mouse cursor) ^ It's a big green snake-like thing.

Different software works a bit different, I guess.
John K wrote:That's not an option in our mouse-over MOD. Which forum software are they running?

czharry wrote:It would be nice, as long as we have a mouse-over, is that it opened to the right side of the subject like it does on all the other forums I have been to, instead of opening below the subject header.
Yeah, I know, you just can't please everybody, but even those guys know the mouse-over opens to the right.

OK, necro-post is done.
There's a storm coming.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:12 pm

vBulletin vs. phpBB, Ford vs. Chevy, BMW vs. Mercedes
czharry wrote:It is vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 . However, I was a little off with my info. On the other, the mouse-over seems to open directly under the cursor and to the right. So if the cursor is at the end of the subject line, it opens to the right, beginning under the cursor.
If cursor is in the middle of the subject line, it opens in the middle, under & to the right of the cursor.
.............................................................(mouse cursor) ^ It's a big green snake-like thing.

..................(mouse cursor) ^ It's a big green snake-like thing.

Different software works a bit different, I guess.
John K wrote:That's not an option in our mouse-over MOD. Which forum software are they running?

OK, necro-post is done.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:17 pm

i don't even get a mouseover,,,mine just says unread
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:34 am

dieselbeef wrote:i don't even get a mouseover,,,mine just says unread
Mouseover has been disabled for over a year.