Msg Folders are limited to 100, again

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.

Moderators: SKSseven, John K, tony k, Nicolas, rug357, Sweep

Dave P
Life Member
Life Member

Msg Folders are limited to 100, again

Post by Dave P » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 am

I had this issue some time ago, too: 100 messages in sent folder fills it up. Same thing with rcvd msgs: only 100 allowed.

I don't know how it was fixed last time, but pls do it again! =:bye

Also, to delete msgs, I have to click on each individual one. Is there a better way to grab a handful and mark them for deletion (or filing, etc)?
Go Trump!

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Msg Folders are limited to 100, again

Post by mjmensale » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am

Dave P wrote:I had this issue some time ago, too: 100 messages in sent folder fills it up. Same thing with rcvd msgs: only 100 allowed.

I don't know how it was fixed last time, but pls do it again! =:bye
I'm not sure what you're referring to by "last time" but we may have increased the maximum capacity above 100 for some special event and then put it back to 100 when it was finished. The max has been 100 since 2009 or 2010 when we upped it from 50.

I reset the max to 150 (the change affects all folders). You could also consider deleting s';t that's not relevant anymore. [smilie=011.gif]
Dave P wrote:Also, to delete msgs, I have to click on each individual one. Is there a better way to grab a handful and mark them for deletion (or filing, etc)?
When you open any folder you get a list of your messages. On the right side you can check off any message you want to delete or move and then do them all at one time by choosing the appropriate action at the bottom. It can't be any easier unless you want to read the message first.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

Dave P
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave P » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 pm

"The max has been 100 since 2009 or 2010 ..." Ok --- never-mind --- just another brain fade.

"check off any message you want to delete or move and then do them all at one time by choosing the appropriate action at the bottom. It can't be any easier unless you want to read the message first."

Much easier would be to use yer mouse to graphically select a handful, or cntl/shift/down (or whatever it is in Windows) to EASILY select multiple items. One at a time is sooo slooow.
Go Trump!

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Dave P wrote:One at a time is sooo slooow.
Delete the unnecessary s';t once and a while and it'll go much quicker. [smilie=011.gif]
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh