Official AK Picture Thread

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 amI know you know your shit but please be careful when handling bombs.
Eh. I wouldn't go that far. I'm not a master builder by any means.

I was able to kinda save the front stub when I demilled my MP5K kit, so I have what I think is a salvageable magazine well from that. Was always thinking about trimming it and welding up with an AK receiver for a 9mm blowback build, kinda like the Vityaz. It was either that, or try to cut the magazine well portion of a PPS43 kit and go for 7.62x25 TOK

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

From back in the day, finally finished up. An old "Bocefus" $79 matching #'s original barreled Romanian G kit, on a NDS-3 with a Polish side folding stock and bakelite handgaurds and a healthy coat of Rustoleum AE.

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

NorincoKid wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 am From back in the day, finally finished up. An old "Bocefus" $79 matching #'s original barreled Romanian G kit, on a NDS-3 with a Polish side folding stock and bakelite handgaurds and a healthy coat of Rustoleum AE.

That's niiiice. How many unfinished parts kits do you even have?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 amThat's niiiice. How many unfinished parts kits do you even have?
Thanks. For kits, not much really. I have enough parts and a receiver to put one more together here on hand, thats about it. With the price of AK kits/parts lately I've been starting to get into other projects.

I have some "modern" type parts, was thinking about doing a modernized AK (hinged railed top cover, combo front sight/gas block, M4 Stock etc) but I think If I want a black gun with rails and doohickeys I'd just do an AR.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Some good looking rifles
Last edited by Grip Hugger on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Been strangely after one of these for a while and picked one up. A Norinco Polytech Hunter Sporter, unfired. Patterned after the milled steel Galil receiver instead of a standard ChiCom stamped AK receiver. Not many made or imported into the US.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

My two 5.56 guns....

Zastava M90NP and Century Arms Golani Sporter.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

A Hunter has been on my want list for quite some time. Kicking myself for not getting one a decade or so ago when they were more affordable. Oddballs, but nice guns.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Unf, those are beautiful rifles.

I don't mind 5.56 AKs, but I prefer them without the magwell add-ons, aesthetically.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."