Magpul PMAG 30 GEN3 - $21 each?

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
tcpip95

Magpul PMAG 30 GEN3 - $21 each?

Post by tcpip95 »

Gun Mag Warehouse has a 10-pack for $21 each ($223 w/tax & shipping).

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-mag ... azine.html

From what I understand the GEN3 is a very good magazine (earlier version not so much). Can anybody comment on this, and is this a good price?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’m not up to date on their AK mag prices, but walking any S. Florida Gun Show, it’s real easy to find genuine metal surplus mags from Eastern Bloc countries for $12- $13 each. I prefer them, unless you need extra American parts for 922 content. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greg

Post by Greg »

You’re getting ripped off
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Thanks. I had not touched my AK in a couple of years. Family came to town over Thanksgiving and we went to the range. The night before I noticed I had 50+ mags for my AR, but only 6 for my AK.

All my AR mags are Magpul and they are flawless. Figured I'd look at their AK mags. I've read that they got it right with the GEN 3 mags.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

tcpip95 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:13 am Thanks. I had not touched my AK in a couple of years. Family came to town over Thanksgiving and we went to the range. The night before I noticed I had 50+ mags for my AR, but only 6 for my AK.

All my AR mags are Magpul and they are flawless. Figured I'd look at their AK mags. I've read that they got it right with the GEN 3 mags.
https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-ak-a ... mag572-blk

10.00 a mag not sure what Gen they are.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I don't care for Magpul's AK mags. Just get yourself surplus Combloc steel, they're cheap and they will last longer than you. $21 dollars for a less than stellar plastic mag that's really only good for light use at the range = your wallet taking it in the ass.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."