Most Famous Person Encounter

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Most Famous Person Encounter

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:44 pm

CPTK wrote:
John Travolta a few months ago - got a picture with him too
I saw John Travolta last Saturday night at a gas station off Anthony Rd and NW 35 th St. =:bye
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

type911

Post by type911 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am

My favorite on duty run-ins,

Tommy Lee Jones
Rachel Hunter
Simon Cowell

I was US Customs for a while at MIAMI Int. Ran into many many celebs. these three were my Fav.

Least Favorite

Beyonce
Anna Kornicova (sp)

yeros68

Post by yeros68 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am

With Baltimore PD - Karl Malden

With Ritz Carlton security in Palm Beach - Ella Fitzgerald, Margaret Thatcher & Norman Schwarzkof (a big man)
Last edited by yeros68 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 am

I get to say hello to the Pouncey brothers every six months at work. Go Steelers!
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MikeFL86 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

type911 wrote:My favorite on duty run-ins,

Tommy Lee Jones
Rachel Hunter
Simon Cowell

I was US Customs for a while at MIAMI Int. Ran into many many celebs. these three were my Fav.

Least Favorite

Beyonce
Anna Kornicova (sp)
What was Tommy Lee Jones like?
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

FLEMTP
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FLEMTP » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Transported Jeff Daniel's mother twice before... met him at the ER... nice guy.. very thankful.

Had hulk hogan buy me and my partner soda's at the Hess station in downtown clearwater.. this was after his son's infamous accident. Very nice guy as well.
Without guns, we'd be british!

type911

Post by type911 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:22 pm

MikeFL86 wrote:
What was Tommy Lee Jones like?
The most patient, laid back, cooperative celeb I ever met. And he looks much younger in person then on the big screen. Even offered to send me any autographed DVD I wanted. He went hunting in Argentina and was on a few farms. I had to send him to agriculture inspection and he was more then happy to go. /:f

CPTK
BANNED

Post by CPTK » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Onree wrote:I get to say hello to the Pouncey brothers every six months at work. Go Steelers!

met them in the hospital when their father was injured at work
Last edited by CPTK on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:13 am

kurt busch and warren johnson at bradenton mtorsports park..got some good pics and autographs with my 5 yr old
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Ardeekay

Post by Ardeekay » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

A long time ago.... I shook gov. Jerry Brown's hand (Calif).. and realized that I fondled Linda Rhonstat by proxy.... ardeekay

rug357

Post by rug357 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:27 pm

I got you all beat... [smilie=011.gif]

I met and talked to Don Francisco a.k.a. Mario Kreutzberger at a Shell gas station on 36th street near Univision station in Doral. He is (maybe was) the one of the most popular TV personality in the world. His Saturday night TV show Sábado Gigante is shown in like 52 different countries every week.

When I first saw him he looked familiar but didn't know who he was. I told him he looked familiar and he told me he was a very famous baseball player. Then he told me "not really but always wanted to be a professional baseball player" while laughing. Just as he laughed I recognized him. I told him that my wife and I enjoy his show on Saturday nights and he told me I married a smart lady with good taste. He stood outside next to a pump putting gas into is Benz and we chatted for couple minutes. We was a very friendly man with good sense of humor.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:47 pm

My MIL uncle used to be one of the producers of that show, now defunct.
Chae, I didn't knew you speak Spanish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 am

At the Langhorne Speedway in the mid 1960s I met many of the drivers that had run the Indy 500 just three weeks before the 100 mile race at Langhorne. My Dad had raced with some of them and got called out by one of the crew members after time trials. We got to prowl the pits and I got a bunch of autographs. Lloyd Rube, AJ, Parnelli, Mario (a rookie), Roger Ward and a few more. It was quite a day.

Dptdog

Post by Dptdog » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:06 am

About 2 years ago, I'm working the night shift in uniform patrol. As I drive by a closed auto dealer, I notice two subject walking around looking into cars. When I make contact it turns out to be John Walsh and his wife. Shopping for a new car and didn't want to deal with the sales guy.

tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tcpip95 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:46 am

Back in 2000 I had the opportunity to have a private audience with Pope John Paul II. The Parkinsons was really starting to take hold of him, and it was very difficult for him to walk. Looking into his eyes (think of the color of Ice-Blue Aqua Velva) you could see the mind of a 20-year old who was just trapped inside that old, broken down body. He spoke to me in English, my (ex)wife in Italian, and our guests in Polish and French without skipping a beat. We spent about 15 minutes together as a group (6 of us), and then he slowly shuffled away.
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

D_GUNNER

Post by D_GUNNER » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 am

/:f It was back in 1968 I was 9 I had meet Bill Freehan catcher for the Detroit Tigers. I remember standing in line waiting
for an autograph. When I got him to sign the picture of him he asked me where I got it. I remember for some reason I couldn't talk,he then said fine don't answer me kid, I just got done watching this guy win the world series.

A few years ago I meet someone that was born the same day the titanic sank. I felt like she was a celebrity in away.
Last edited by D_GUNNER on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beck77

Post by Beck77 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Not really that famous but I see Lee Corso about once a month. I flew with both Alex Trebek and the now deceased Lewis Grizzard into LAX back in the 80s. Trebek was wearing a white jumpsuit, looked like an idiot. There are many professional athletes living in the area and I have run into ex-MLB player Tim Raines a few times.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Rob Van Winkle ( Vanilla Ice) lives locally and I have run into him a couple times. Last was at Home Depot buying Air filters. Also took a burglary report from his wife.
I did a press conference last week so I guess I'm famous in my own mind!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:10 pm

I see that weasel all the time around Wellington.... [smilie=011.gif]
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:15 pm

captain steinbrenner wrote:I see that weasel all the time around Wellington.... [smilie=011.gif]
an old co worker of mine sued him and got 6 figures back in the late 90's...I guess he was at Confetti night club in Lauderdale and one of his bouncers or entourage pushed this guy and he got cut or burnt on a fixture in the club ?? Settled out of court
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.