So Boca PD pulls me over and finds my gun...

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
thorazine
Life Member
Life Member

Re: So Boca PD pulls me over and finds my gun...

Post by thorazine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 pm

aquajon wrote:He ran the numbers, brought it back and said have a nice day =D
Thank goodness for that! [smilie=042.gif]

Gopblin
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gopblin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 pm

aquajon wrote:Maybe, I was thinking it was always a pistol since there is no way this guy knows how to remove an AK stock. In the scenario you describe it would be a SBS. Then again, it might just as easily be airsoft.
Airsoft AMD-65s are very rare. Plus they wouldn't be charged over an airsoft gun.

Which brings up another question - is charging people with concealed weapon violations SOP for when someone has a gun outside of a glove box? Seems that it's actually more "concealed" when in the glove compartment :-k .

Would these guys be OK on the gun issues if the Glock was in the glove box and AK was in the trunk or in a gun bag?

If a gun in a car but not in a glove box is indeed considered "concealed" -

Would someone with a CCW be able to keep a concealed weapon on themselves while driving? What about on a seat next to them?

Thank you guys :)

Best wishes,
Daniel.

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Gopblin wrote:Would these guys be OK on the gun issues if the Glock was in the glove box and AK was in the trunk or in a gun bag?
Handguns can be legally carried in a vehicle in a glove box or console with or without a license. A legal long gun can be legally carried openly in a vehicle anywhere, loaded (not necessarily smart) or unloaded, per FS 790.25(5).
Gopblin wrote:Would someone with a CCW be able to keep a concealed weapon on themselves while driving?
Yes.
Gopblin wrote:What about on a seat next to them?
Yes, as long as it's concealed from view.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

George W
Life Member
Life Member

Post by George W » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm

KennyFSU wrote:To the OP, great story and glad it was without any incident. My tactic is just never to break any traffic laws (good luck with that lol).
I'm going on 16 years without a ticket. It can be done. Then again, I'm always at work so I don't drive that much anymore.
Half of my resolutions to problems come with a cold sweat somewhere around 2 am.

thorazine
Life Member
Life Member

Post by thorazine » Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 pm

I just flash some boob.

No ticket. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Tue May 08, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm far from an LEO basher, but would like to know......why is it SOP to run the SN on all/most firearms during incidents like this? Did they run the SN on the Rolex on your wrist, or your I-phone?.....or maybe that laptop in the back seat? Is there some sort of natural assumption that your weapon is stolen?

Again.....not bashing.....just curious

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BMW GUY » Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I think the task is to get illegal guns of the street. Once probable cause is established I am sure the I-phone and the Rolex fake or not will make their way thru the system.

TheHobbiest
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TheHobbiest » Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 pm

thorazine wrote:I just flashed some boob.

No ticket. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Fixed it for you. :ber
John Hancock