LEO: How much info from tag?

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Re: LEO: How much info from tag?

Post by BMW GUY » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Its just kind of strange, I got pulled over 3 times in the last 2 years and every time the LEO asked is I have a weapon/ gun on board. BTW that was in Tampa area. So, I am or was under the impression that the officer has our CCW info on hand before they pull us over.
I think next time I get pulled over, I am just going to ask the officer if I can have a look at his screen, hopefully not any time soon.

dan1802

Post by dan1802 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:31 pm

BMW GUY wrote:Its just kind of strange, I got pulled over 3 times in the last 2 years and every time the LEO asked is I have a weapon/ gun on board. BTW that was in Tampa area. So, I am or was under the impression that the officer has our CCW info on hand before they pull us over.
I think next time I get pulled over, I am just going to ask the officer if I can have a look at his screen, hopefully not any time soon.
Do you have NRA and other 2A related stickers on your car ?
He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson

The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
Samuel Adams.

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BMW GUY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

No stickers at all, car is very under stated (BMW 850ci). Pictures here:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=47995&p=398635&hil ... ci#p398635

Have not been pulled over since my last post (knock wood) might have something to do that I drive my truck on a daily bases. Fair to say that I drive a little slower now.

CCW info or not, at the end of the day we are the good guys.

23Preacher
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 23Preacher » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Drive the truck,you'll look less like a dope dealer in them fancy cars,LOL.I remember over at Tims get together ya had a 4 dr black something,sweet.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 pm

thoe 80s body styles of BMWs are my faves
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Lighteye

Post by Lighteye » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:03 pm

I got pulled over in 2010 outside my subdivision, literally less than a hundred yards from my front door for a "california stop at the exit from your subdivision". The fine young HCSO deputy then asked me if I was still an officer at (State correctional facility). I replied no, that I had changed careers. He then asked if I was armed/carrying. I replied yes, I was (it was IWB/right hip). He went back to his car, and came back after a few minutes, gave me a warning and left me sitting and wondering to this day what info he was able to grab that fast.

As a former LEO of 10 years, the stop was pretty questionable in the first place due to the severely restricted viewing angle he had prior to the stop. 5 years later, I'm still SMDH. He obviously was able to tap into another database nigh instantly. :-k
The stupid, it burns.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:59 pm

WOW a really non interesting personal story in a 2 year old thread ](*,) :ham'r #-o
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

clyde621

Post by clyde621 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:03 pm

I've retired from NC. Our dmv data base is tied into county systems which link cow licenses to names of vehicle owners. If you own a vehicle that info is flagged and any officer running the tag will know immediately. Now if you are driving some else's car and he is a cow holder and you are stopped, guess what questions you are going to get?

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by apvbguy » Tue May 17, 2016 10:13 am

the reason CWFLs are issued by the dept of agriculture is to keep this info from law enforcement agencies, can they obtain the info? yes, is it connected to your dmv records, no. the cop has to make a separate inquiry via the DOAC's files do get CWFL info.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by apvbguy » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 am

clyde621 wrote:I've retired from NC. Our dmv data base is tied into county systems which link cow licenses to names of vehicle owners. If you own a vehicle that info is flagged and any officer running the tag will know immediately. Now if you are driving some else's car and he is a cow holder and you are stopped, guess what questions you are going to get?
that could be true in NC but it's not like that here in FLA
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.