Strange reports of what police have done in Ft Lauderdale

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Strange reports of what police have done in Ft Lauderdale

Post by glockpacker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm

This is a post in Glocktalk, Florida Glocker's section. I've never heard of stuff like this. Any comments from LEO here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

redmanlives

Thread...
Fort Lauderdale vacation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just spent 2 weeks in Fort Lauderdale and that place stinks....I got pulled over by the Commiecops , twice in five days.. When I asked what I did wrong both of the cops said "you have out of state plates." Nice welcome to a city..... with commiecops like this ,tourism will stop altogether for the Sun Shine State...

redmanlives

04-17-2010, 08:44 #2
glockpacker
CLM Number 126
600 yd shooter

Posts: 407 I've been living here for ten years, and that's a new one on me!

What were you driving, and where in Fort Lauderdale?

glockpacker

04-17-2010, 16:34 #3
Tango191

Posts: 57 Ive never heard of Ft. Lauderdale cops doing that, where exactly where you driving, some of ft Lauderdale is more colorful then the rest of it, you could of been in a bad area, "looked suspicious" ect. I live next to Ft. Lauderdale i have gotten that more than a few times

Tango191

04-17-2010, 20:16 #4
Glock Gator

Posts: 15 Something else is going on here. Every third car in this state has out-of-state plates. Furthermore, tourism and winter residents (like it or not) are our lifeblood.

Glock Gator

04-17-2010, 20:29 #5
Ak.Hiker

Posts: 1,689 Once when my father was retired and living in Florida he was at a stop light and the guy behind him tapped into his car. When the police came they took my fathers into and checked to make sure he has auto insurance. He had Geico. The officer told him that he never heard of Geico. He impounded my fathers car and made him walk to a pay phone to call for a friend to pick him up. My father was in his late 70's at the time. So odd stuff does happen at times. It took him a while to clear it up too. My father was so pissed he sold his home that was only a few blocks from the beach in Jupiter and moved to Virginia. I have driven all over Florida and never had any problems myself.
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards

(Stolen from Moe without permission... because it's true) Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Strange reports of what police have done in Ft Lauderdal

Post by flashooter22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:21 am

Just having out of state plates is not PC for a stop. Heck like the other poster mentioned, during "season" every other car has a out of state tag and a little cotton-top (no offense to our older members [smilie=011.gif] )) who can barely se over the wheel driving it.

Im going to go with more to the story.......

or if this was arfcom...isolated incident!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Synaptic Misfire
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Synaptic Misfire » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 am

I wonder about things like this sometimes. As a sportbike rider I cannot tell you how many times a fellow rider has spun a tale of police harassment only to admit when pressed they were riding recklessly (wheelie or high speed in traffic). Two side to every story and that is coming from a guy who pretty much disrespects most authority.
"Maybe when we secede, we'll just take the Constitution with us.
Nobody in DC is using it anyway." -Joe C. Wales

Ronald Reagan brought down the 2nd most powerful nation in the world-the Soviet Union.
Barack Obama is trying to bring down the most powerful nation in the world-the United States of America

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:53 pm

first off the guys screen name is redmanlives ( red man is a rapper ) and I don't think he's dead, anyways I'll bet $ 1 this cat is riding in da'hood somewhere with out of state plates and his vehicle looks something like this :

In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

IraG2362
BANNED

Post by IraG2362 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:first off the guys screen name is redmanlives ( red man is a rapper ) and I don't think he's dead, anyways I'll bet $ 1 this cat is riding in da'hood somewhere with out of state plates and his vehicle looks something like this :

+1
Ira G
FTM PTB EGH
Never Forget 9/11/01
"You show your enemies your Glock. You show your friends your 1911."