Encounters with LEOs while carrying

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Encounters with LEOs while carrying

Post by mjmensale » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:24 pm

fhpdude wrote:I hope the casual insults by some of the senior folks in here aren't the normal reaction to simple disagreements.
Read some of the posts made after you said that and see if you can come up with the correct answer! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

skruywabbit

Post by skruywabbit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:28 pm

mjmensale wrote:[]

See my prior post.

Your 7 posts, 5 of which are in this thread, don't give you the leeway to make certain types of comments to any of the members here. Use discretion.
I'm glad you've got it clearded up.

I don't know how many post you need before you've got leeway..., I'm just meeting force with force...

FYI... I orignaly posted this thread under the topic Pistol & Revolvers and it was moved here. This thread was intended to for people to post their encounters with LEOs while carrying but turned into a heated debate. I hoped that others would post some stories shocking, funny or otherwise. I even would like to hear what some of the LEOs encountered. I thought the topic might be fruitfull and I hope you or someboby else will repost the same question again soon.

Now, let's smoke the peace pipe and move on..., what do you say? [smilie=cheers1.gif]

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 am

Fine by me!
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

False Prophet
Life Member
Life Member

Post by False Prophet » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:40 am

skruywabbit wrote:Now, let's smoke the peace pipe and move on..., what do you say? [smilie=cheers1.gif]
As long as it isn't one of those funny looking pipes, Moe will take a toke. NC on the other hand actually prefers the funny looking ones. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -- Sigmund Freud

03Shadowbob
BANNED

Post by 03Shadowbob » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 pm

False Prophet wrote:
skruywabbit wrote:Now, let's smoke the peace pipe and move on..., what do you say? [smilie=cheers1.gif]
As long as it isn't one of those funny looking pipes, Moe will take a toke. NC on the other hand actually prefers the funny looking ones. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]

I had no idea they were still using my cast impression to make those pipes. They owe me some royalties damnit.

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I commonly carry 'under my leg' while driving and only carrying my Kel-Tec (can't get into my pocket while sitting). Just make sure if you are asked to get out of your vehicle you let the officer know. Once you get up, you are no longer concealed #-o.

Oh, and grats to Moe on this one. He was incorrect and admited it when he was corrected. I guess that means I have to pick up the next round :ber [smilie=011.gif].
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

thorazine
Life Member
Life Member

Post by thorazine » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:22 am

aquajon wrote:As LEO approach I usually just yell "Wait, I have a gun!".
That's only because I'm a masochist and enjoy getting the tazer in my bung hole. [smilie=eek.gif]
lol.. [smilie=011.gif]

DoralJoe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by DoralJoe » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am

I guess here in Florida u have the option of not telling them... in Virginia and Texas, if u have a CWL the information automatically comes up when the cops run ur plates and/or DL
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!!
-Joe

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BMW GUY » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm

DoralJoe wrote:I guess here in Florida u have the option of not telling them... in Virginia and Texas, if u have a CWL the information automatically comes up when the cops run ur plates and/or DL
I was wondering about that ! So there is a note popping up when they run your tag ??
The last 4 times I got pulled over 3 of the LEO's asked me if I have a firearm in the car. The one that didn't ask was a rooky I believe, she was very young and had an older LEO sitting in as passenger. I did not feel the need to tell her.