Which route to LEO career?

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
Dyno58

Which route to LEO career?

Post by Dyno58 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 pm

I have a bit of a problem. I applied for MDPD Jan. 2008. I have completed and passed all of their recruitment exams(CJBAT, poly, psych, assessment, and backround), but due to the hiring freeze everything is up in the air. Now I already work for the county, so I have a good job. I have just wanted to get into law enforcement for so long. Anyways would it work against me if I started applying to BSO? Does in look bad to be so far and start looking elsewhere. My worry is that right now there is a 50% chance I don't make it. I was also thinking of going into corrections and then transfering over. I just don't want it to look bad that I'm in the process at one place and also applying somewhere else. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks, Fred.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Which route to LEO career?

Post by NonConformist » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Go with who you want to work with, if it drags on try elsewhere
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Dyno58

Post by Dyno58 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:51 pm

I want to work with MDPD, but they have a reputation for taking a very long time to hire. I was kind of wanting a back up plan incase I don't make it this time around. If I could get in somewhere else, be certified and then apply at MDPD later on. I just want to get my foot in already. If they don't pick me up this time around, I would have to wait until they hire again, take everything all over, and the long processing wait. Want to explore all my possible options as long as I don't look bad doing it.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Id look elsewhere, maybe the county SO
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Dyno58

Post by Dyno58 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 pm

They are the SO.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Dyno58 wrote:They are the SO.

IDK then maybe another county or city for now