US Customs and Border Protection.

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

US Customs and Border Protection.

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:11 pm

once i finish my bachelor's in sociology at UCF, i'm considering possibly going to a school up north for law.

but i am considering applying for a position with the above agency, to become an officer.

i looked at this website, but could find the two key things i was looking for:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/bene ... nefits.xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how much does the lowest rank earn a yr?

and what are the details behind tuition assistance?

and the school i'm considering attending for, hopefully, a constitutional law degree, would be GWU, not far from the CATO institute /:f , in DC.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

kmagnuss
Life Member
Life Member

Re: US Customs and Border Protection.

Post by kmagnuss » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:08 pm

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob.asp ... %20officer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters

Eli BCP
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Eli BCP » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:24 pm

TouregAK wrote:

and the school i'm considering attending for, hopefully, a constitutional law degree, would be GWU, not far from the CATO institute /:f , in DC.
I am not knocking GWU in any way, but have you considered George Mason University? It seems whenever I run across a group of libertarian Constitutionalists, a GMU law grad can be found. Maybe because of things like this:

http://www.law.gmu.edu/founders

This is also a part of the first year curriculum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mas ... curriculum
"By the way, have you ever heard of HR 45, the Blair Holt Act....?"

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 pm

thanx for the suggestion.

to tell the truth, im tired of people giving dirty looks and weird faces.

my social problems prof is making us write people concerning social problems, and i said i was going to write my state rep in congress concerning the re organization of the state constitution to allow for legal licensed concealed carry, and after he seemed skeptical that i could convince anyone that "bringing more guns on campus" is a solution to campus security, one of the students called me an anarchists (lmao, a person who willingly disregards laws as a way of life seeks to change the laws so that he doesnt have to break them?).

i wouldnt mind attending a school where people dont think im crazy.

and im not so sure about USCBP either.

i was looking around, and accumulated this data from agency webpages:

starting salaries:
Arlington County Police, Virginia
45K$

Alexandria Police, Virginia
43K$

US Secret Service, Uniformed Division

US Customs and Border Protection
38K$

US Park Police, D.C.
46K$

US Capital Police
52K$

Metropolitan Police Dept., DC
49K$
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

obiwan

Post by obiwan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Mostly you start as a GS5 step 1 which is about $32K. Within 4 years you will be earning a base of about $65K. Add in O.T. at a max of $35K/year - you'll hit almost $100K within 4 years. It's a good deal and they are hiring. [smilie=cheers1.gif]