Anyone know Miami Dade pd sidearm

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
crackyflipside

Anyone know Miami Dade pd sidearm

Post by crackyflipside » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:30 pm

Just askin if anyone knows what is the sidearm for Miami Dade County PD or Miami Metro PD. And can you bring your own gun as a sidearm?

FunkyColdMedina

Re: Anyone know Miami Dade pd sidearm

Post by FunkyColdMedina » Sun May 22, 2005 7:15 pm

In one of M. Ayoob's articles, I read that the Miami PD was the first to adopt the Glock.
crackyflipside wrote:Just askin if anyone knows what is the sidearm for Miami Dade County PD or Miami Metro PD. And can you bring your own gun as a sidearm?
FunkyColdMedina

rug357

Post by rug357 » Sun May 22, 2005 10:10 pm

Miami PD issues 40 caliber Glock and they can not be modofoed any ANY way or fashion. I was told that at one time they were not even allowed to put rubber grip socks on them. I believe they have 8 lb. trigger.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

surfinusa

Post by surfinusa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:23 pm

MDPD has approved a variety of weapons:

For those hired before 2004, they are grandfathered in for S&W, Ruger, SIG, HK and Beretta 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP in full size, compact and sub compact.

For those hired after 2004, its the same brands but only in 9mm, full size DAO. SIG 239, 9mm also approved

As of 2006, the Glock 17 and 26 are approved.

Additionally, S&W, Colt and Ruger revolvers are OK. 4 inch 6 shot for uniform, 5 shot 2 inch for off duty and plain clothes or backup.

OOps. Sorry to have dredged up a year dead thread.

srfl

Post by srfl » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 pm

I was working with MDPD a few weeks back on a fed investigation....I witnessed an HK USP, Glock, SIG (I think a P229), and a couple of Berettas ...one Inox'd (either 92's or 96's) in the holsters of various detectives. A very cute female uniformed LT had the Inox'd Beretta.
USAF - Bombing crap since 1947