Concealed carry badges, yes or no.

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
TnRebel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Concealed carry badges, yes or no.

Post by TnRebel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Here is one that has been laying in a draw for over 20 or so years long before they outlawed them , I only keep it for a conversation peace.

Murexway

Post by Murexway » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm a former LEO and have a CCW permit. Forget the badge idea.

As a citizen, you carry a weapon as a last resort for the purpose of defending yourself (and yours) from great bodily harm.

You're not Wyatt Earp or John Wayne. You're not an adjunct to law enforcement. You're not carrying the weapon to protect society, or to impress anyone with the fact that you're "Licensed To Carry".

The last thing you should ever want (for many reasons) is for anybody to ever know that you're armed - unless you decide that you have no other choice but to (legally) use the weapon.

SW-45
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SW-45 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:16 pm

We aint got no badges!We dont have no stinking badges..
We dont have to show you any stinking badges!

..sorry but whenever this question comes up I always think of Treasure of the Sierra Madre! [smilie=bigsmile.gif]

Carry smartly,carry discreetly,carry where legal,don't carry where not..know the law on deadly force and review it from time to time,know the laws of other states if you're visiting a state with reciprocity,stay out of places/situations/and away from people that you think you need to carry to be around..strive to avoid bad situations and predicaments if at all possible..try to be like some of the CCW old timers that have carried for 20+years and never needed it but had it in case they ever did..if you're gonna carry anything else other then you CWL license get a card with your lawyers telephone number on it keep it next to your permit in your wallet as its a lot more useful then a "CCW badge." The badge can get you in trouble all by itself, down here a hotel owner was waving one around to evict some folks acting like a cop and he went down for impersonating an LEO..permit suspended! In short badges=bad
sileo in pacis

Murexway

Post by Murexway » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 pm

"Bodges? We don't need no stinkin' bodges!" [smilie=pdt_xtremez_12.gif]

Love It!

Mr 40
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mr 40 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:19 pm

CCW badges? hmm, how can i put this nicely...

they scream WANNABEE!!!

yeah, that about covers it.

bigblueskies98

Post by bigblueskies98 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:33 am

The ONLY useful situation i could see one of these possibly being any help is if you "accidentally" expose your gun.. IF the badge was right next to the firearm in plain sight, it would probably help the person next o you that may see it not freak out due to the fact that they will think your a cop... again its still POSING weather intentionally or not.. Keep it concealed and get on with life LOL

HotShot308
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by HotShot308 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:36 pm

I got one of those around here somewhere. I went all out and ordered one that said License instead of Permit, and even got my CWL # engraved on it. I also got a wallet that would hold it right next to my CWL License, and a badge holder to carry it on my belt next to my pistol. Woo Hoo!!! #-o

Carried it a few times. It actually diffused a situation once.

I quit carrying it and it's lost in the back of a drawer somewher now. What a waste of money that was!!!
HotShot308

"The founding fathers made the right to bear arms the second amendment for a reason. It's the one that protects all your other freedoms, which aren't worth the parchment they're printed on if you don't have the means to defend them." Penn Jillette

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm

oh no you didn't #-o
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Mushinto

Post by Mushinto » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:02 pm

I've been an LEO for over 30 years and I think that everyone out of jail should have a CWP as long as our government still gives us permission to exercise a right.

That said, if I ever came across a holder who had a badge with his permit (I never have, by the way), I would either think he was a retard or someone who was up to no good.

Guns are for all Americans, but badges are for cops. If you have one, you are trying to fool someone which is part of my definition of "up to no good."
ML

Mr. Smith
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Mushinto wrote:That said, if I ever came across a holder who had a badge with his permit (I never have, by the way), I would either think he was a retard or someone who was up to no good.
Concealed Carry Badges are a complete waste of money!

You can make your own! All you have to do is cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape you want your badge, and then cover it with aluminium foil. If you’re really creative you can then use crayons to carefully print whatever you want – but take it from me the stick-on vinyl letters are worth the expense. Whatever you do DON’T use glitter... it just looks tacky.

In light of what Mushinto said, I just realized that there’s another added benefit to making your own badge; any cop that stops you will know that you definitely were not someone "who was up to no good!" [smilie=011.gif]

Smith
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon depriving a whole nation of its arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
- Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Mr. Smith wrote:
Mushinto wrote:That said, if I ever came across a holder who had a badge with his permit (I never have, by the way), I would either think he was a retard or someone who was up to no good.

In light of what Mushinto said, I just realized that there’s another added benefit to making your own badge; any cop that stops you will know that you definitely were not someone "who was up to no good!" [smilie=011.gif]

Smith
He might if you're wearing your aluminum foil hat too! I am sofa king we Todd did #-o
SHTF Ready

Mushinto

Post by Mushinto » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm

I did see an arrestee once who made his own FBI badge. He made it out of cardboard and colored it with crayons. He was arrested (not by me) for impersonating an officer, but ended up in the nut house instead of jail after a horrendous bout of resisting.

The badge was a work of art.
ML

rez0nance
Life Member
Life Member

Post by rez0nance » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Mushinto wrote:I did see an arrestee once who made his own FBI badge. He made it out of cardboard and colored it with crayons. He was arrested (not by me) for impersonating an officer, but ended up in the nut house instead of jail after a horrendous bout of resisting.

The badge was a work of art.
:wwp
"The most common manifestation of hoplophobia is the idea that instruments possess a will of their own, apart from that of their user." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

piccolo

Post by piccolo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

The Mall Ninja has one !!!

TC
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErK6nw565t8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:37 pm

LMAO at that trailer of "Mall Cop". Fits this thread well. [smilie=011.gif]
SHTF Ready

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't recommend wearing a badge as a civilian. You might end up being spit on, kicked, punched, shot at, had obscenities yelled at you, run over by drunks, puked on, and constantly bashed in the media to name a few. If it were me i would see if I could get a badge from the fire dept instead. Everybody likes firemen! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:40 am

TnRebel wrote:Here is one that has been laying in a draw for over 20 or so years long before they outlawed them , I only keep it for a conversation peace.
That's a pretty cool CWP badge, I've never seen one like that before. If you ever decide to sell it, I'd be interested.
NRA Life Member - GOA Life Member
"That guy way-co, or whacko, he's just an a;;h;;e!" "yep...still an a;;h;;e"
Mom says when I grow up, I could be anything I wanted to...so I became an a;;h;;e!

TACCOP

Post by TACCOP » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:08 pm

I agree with some of the guys here. A badge is a credentialed symbol for Law Enforcement. Many wannabees carry badges that are replicas of LE. Private Investigators, Bail Bondsmen and Concealed Weapon Carriers make it a point to carry a badges (with no power behind it). I am not sure why and I will never understand it. When I make a stop and a CCW holder whips out a badge, that is not going to do me any good. I am going to be looking for the plastic CCW Card or G License. Any LEO will tell you that......................However, with that said it is not illegal to possess a badge that states Concealed Weapons Permit and does not have the seal of the US or a State.
PEACE IN COMBAT

FLEMTP
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FLEMTP » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:35 pm

TACCOP wrote: A badge is a credentialed symbol for Law Enforcement. Many wannabees carry badges that are replicas of LE.

A badge is not just for law enforcement...fire dept and ems dept personnel carry, display and wear badges. Last I checked, im not a wannabee.. and neither are my fellow coworkers, and our badges look very much so like badges a police office might wear.

In fact, let me twist this around.. cops wear badges that look like OUR badges.. maybe they're the wannabee? [-X
TACCOP wrote: However, with that said it is not illegal to possess a badge that states Concealed Weapons Permit and does not have the seal of the US or a State.
So since when is it illegal to possess a badge with the state seal on it?

Should I be turning myself in since my badge isnt a LEO badge, but it has the state seal on it? :-k

I do want to point out however, that anyone that is not authorized by their position (ie: police, fire & ems) should not carry a badge, and has no real reason to want or need a badge... including CCW badges.
Without guns, we'd be british!