Self proclaimed LE at the range yesterday and my bump stock.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

BTW, the law goes into effect October 1. I know for sure he was checking to see if it was a FA. He only fiddled with the safety, never looked to see if it had the third pin. Really, I'm not certain he was a real LEO, probably a mall cop. He couldn't believe that they can be shot well with enough practice. I was printing better groups doing 3 to 5 shot bursts with it than he was with his AR shooting one at a time.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

In my experience a lot of cops are terrible shots to begin with, wouldn't really trust one to handle my NFA rifle and actually know what the fuck hes doing. This is purely anecdotal though.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:51 pm In my experience a lot of cops are terrible shots to begin with.
I shot next to one at an indoor range, and he fired an entire box of .40 from 21' at a standard red center bullseye without touching paper once.

After he left, I pulled his target and got a refund on it! :D
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

lilwoody wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am He only fiddled with the safety, never looked to see if it had the third pin.
Not cop-bashing, but...I doubt the average LEO would have any clue as to the "third pin".
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:55 pm
lilwoody wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am He only fiddled with the safety, never looked to see if it had the third pin.
Not cop-bashing, but...I doubt the average LEO would have any clue as to the "third pin".
Yeah, if not a gun guy (which most cops aren't), I doubt they would know about that. BUT, these guys were at the range, so they very well may be gun guys.