Thread with retention photos?

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
wakkoss
BANNED

Thread with retention photos?

Post by wakkoss » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:38 am

I was looking at a thread last night that included photos of a disturbed guy attempting to pull the cop's gun. For some reason I can't find the thread anymore and I thought it was in this section...can someone help me out?
NRA Life Member - GOA Life Member
"That guy way-co, or whacko, he's just an a;;h;;e!" "yep...still an a;;h;;e"
Mom says when I grow up, I could be anything I wanted to...so I became an a;;h;;e!

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Apparently it wasn't on FSN. Doesn't ring a bell with me.

Moe
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:20 pm

Found it on the elightbars.org board!

http://www.elightbars.org/bb/gun-retention-vt31748.html
Mom says when I grow up, I could be anything I wanted to...so I became an a;;h;;e!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:10 pm

wow I looked over the pics and started reading, the gun he attempted to grab was a S & W, once the mags out it will not fire, let him have it and then start pounding him or just cuff him with the gun in his hand ????

the first post mentioned about citizens stopping to help an officer make an arrest, one night it was really dark ( late ) on the TPK south of Commercial, near Laud Lakes an FHP officer was fighting with a guy, I stopped grabbed a flash light as he started to run away, I told the officer I would help him if needed, I was told get back in my car and leave, the guy emerged from the bushed tackled the officer and I watched him take a few shots all while asking ( pleading ) the officer to help him out............I actually thought about just leaving...finally I helped tackle the guy and roll him over, finally cuffed, the officer never thanked me, I guess he never called for back up and definately was having his ass handed to him..........
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:27 am

Rentprop1 wrote:wow I looked over the pics and started reading, the gun he attempted to grab was a S & W, once the mags out it will not fire, let him have it and then start pounding him or just cuff him with the gun in his hand ????
Pound him? Pound him with 165 grains of copper and lead!!!

Jeffrosdl

Post by Jeffrosdl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:24 pm

I understand the need for weapon retention techniques to be used by the officer in the tan, but it looks like a justified use of deadly force to me by any of the other officers around. I was trained that any time someone goes for your gun or grabs your gun, its game time and you are to stop the threat with deadly force.

CC1911
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by CC1911 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:wow I looked over the pics and started reading, the gun he attempted to grab was a S & W, once the mags out it will not fire, let him have it and then start pounding him or just cuff him with the gun in his hand ????

the first post mentioned about citizens stopping to help an officer make an arrest, one night it was really dark ( late ) on the TPK south of Commercial, near Laud Lakes an FHP officer was fighting with a guy, I stopped grabbed a flash light as he started to run away, I told the officer I would help him if needed, I was told get back in my car and leave, the guy emerged from the bushed tackled the officer and I watched him take a few shots all while asking ( pleading ) the officer to help him out............I actually thought about just leaving...finally I helped tackle the guy and roll him over, finally cuffed, the officer never thanked me, I guess he never called for back up and definately was having his ass handed to him..........
Thats one thing I really miss about the 5906 S&W we carried for years you could drop the mag and put a little space betwen you and Mr. badguy and if the aggresion continued at least you weren't going to be shot with your own gun...