Florida #1

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Deputydave

Florida #1

Post by Deputydave »

Just heard on the news tonight that Florida is nearing it's 2 millionth CCW permit which accounts for 12% of the adult population. That puts Florida at #1 for most permits issued.

While I'm against having to pay for a right, I'm glad the number is growing. I teach CCW classes on the side so I feel good about helping that number continue to grow.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
tector

Post by tector »

I wonder how many of these are non-resident CWPs? I think Florida is the most popular for those.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

DeputyDave: do you know what the letter codes on our CCW licenses mean? My co-worker has WX preceding his numbers and mine just has W. I attempted to look it up without success.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I cannot speak to the absolute accuracy, however;

W - is for a non law enforcement
WX or WY - When they run out of W numbers, they use WX or WY
WJ - Is for a Judge
WC - would be for a consulate or diplomatic type license
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Thank you, that makes sense.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Deputydave wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 pm Just heard on the news tonight that Florida is nearing it's 2 millionth CCW permit which accounts for 12% of the adult population. That puts Florida at #1 for most permits issued.
That's great news! Let's keep it growing! From all the chaos this year, I've convinced two liberal women in my family to begin carrying! It can be done. Now I can practically see the gears turning as other political matters are beginning to make more sense to them.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 pm
Deputydave wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 pm Just heard on the news tonight that Florida is nearing it's 2 millionth CCW permit which accounts for 12% of the adult population. That puts Florida at #1 for most permits issued.
That's great news! Let's keep it growing! From all the chaos this year, I've convinced two liberal women in my family to begin carrying! It can be done. Now I can practically see the gears turning as other political matters are beginning to make more sense to them.
A couple that we are very good friends with retired several years ago from New York and moved down to our area. Very nice couple, however the husband had been a life long Democrat. Not the snowflake left leaning libtard type, but the older generation of Democrat. They lived with us for a while while looking for a home in the area. He began asking questions about gun ownership in Florida with genuine interest. As time went by we had many conversations about firearms and I eventually taught him and his wife to shoot. As he made the first shot of his life I leaned over and told him that now he was a Republican, lol. :mrgreen:

Well, I signed off on their CCW paperwork and now they each have their own pistol (he has a LC380 and she has a S&W 380EZ).

I've trained and signed off on quite a few women in the last several years as well. Very satisfying to train them and give them the confidence the need/deserve to have in protecting themselves. I feel it's an obligation and duty to assist new shooters in this regard. After all, we were all new shooters at some point.
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Good job. IMO, this is just as important as teaching a youngster about guns.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

My number is W89#####. I think I got mine in 89. Do the first 2 numbers represent the year the permit was issued? GARY.
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

My first numbers are 24

Damn I must be old, I looked but it was not signed by Al Capone
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER