Open Carry on Motorcycle?

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

I’m with griff......just because you (or anyone for that matter) didn’t have an issue, doesn’t mean it’s legal! Laws vary from cop to cop!
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

790.25(3)(h)(j)(k) of the Florida statutes there are some limited situations were it is legal to open carry such as traveling to and being engaged in lawful target shooting, fishing, hunting, and camping.
photohause

Post by photohause »

What if I'm going to bingo?
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

photohause wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm What if I'm going to bingo?
If you were going to bingo after leaving the shooting range, you are legal to open carry. Put your cover shirt on when you get there.

If you are leaving bingo to head to the range you are legal.

AD
Allme

Post by Allme »

$40 and the issue is solved. You are welcome.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/b ... WAQAvD_BwE
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Allme wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 pm $40 and the issue is solved. You are welcome.

What is the item? Your link only brings us to the website... :?:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Allme

Post by Allme »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 pm
Allme wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 pm $40 and the issue is solved. You are welcome.

What is the item? Your link only brings us to the website... :?:
Sorry about that, I didn't test the link first. Anyway its a tank bag, here is one for $34 shipped to your door.

Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

GunsandHoses wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:56 pmLaws vary from cop to cop!
Not ripping LEOs, but the above is a serious issue. They interpret a law their way...not the darn statutes.
That said, I know old thread....In today's climate, I'd encase and try to conceal firearms on a bike.
aka: Dolfan
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Always glad to see this thread come back to life as I'm still open carrying on a daily basis and several nights a week when we're doing the evening matches.

I saw lots of people in this (and other) threads telling me about how wrong I am but I never heard of any of them actually open carrying.

No, I don't strap an AR on my back and ride, that's what the back seat is for. I do carry my defensive sidearm openly with a proper belt and a decent holster. Several times a week I usually have an LEO from different departments pull up at a stop light while I'm stopped in traffic and so far this year, NONE of them have done anything other than look and move on.

PERHAPS THEY'RE GETTING USED TO A GUY ON A MOTORCYCLE WITH A SIDEARM.

What a concept.

And evidently none of the civilians in the cars have bothered to call it in either, probably because they're texting instead of looking out the window.

Now granted I'm dressed reasonably well, have a quiet bike and don't act like a jerk on the bike. No, I don't wear a helmet but I do wear a BMW or Sturgis hat. Pretty plain stuff here. Nothing to see.

AD