Expired CWP Question

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Tenzing_Norgay

Expired CWP Question

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

I just discovered my wife's CWP expired in 2013! (God forbid her credit cards expire... :roll: )

So, how long is an expired CWP "good" for? That is, can she just renew as usual or does she have to go through the course again?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Start over.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Godspeed to your wife. Now we get to see how Nikki Fried tries to dick us.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
OSD

Post by OSD »

Same thing happened to my wife about 2 years ago. As long as your wife has a copy of the original certificate of the completed course, she won't have to re-take the course. She'll just need a new pic, and new electronic fingerprints, and copy of old CWP. Then just re-apply. They let my wife re-new hers after after 3 year lapse. Not sure how it will be now ???

Edit.. she also had to pay a late filing fee. I don't remember how much it was. I seem to remember it was around $45, but I'm not sure.
Jim
Chris6424

Post by Chris6424 »

OSD is correct. As long as you have a copy of old CWP, renewal is easy.
Shueter612

Post by Shueter612 »

I think 6 months is the longest you can let it expire before you can no longer renew it. The good news is, my wife sent her paperwork in and her CCW was in our mailbox 8 days later! Thats insane! Good luck!
OSD

Post by OSD »

Just read that. It's 6 months now for a late renewal but, as long as you have a copy of the original certificate of the completed course, you won't have to re-take the course or a copy of your DD214. You'll just need a new pic, and new electronic fingerprints, and a copy of the old CWP. Then just re-apply for a new CCW.
Jim