Fishing Carry.

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Your logic might be fine for when you're just fishing off a pier, but have you ever tried carrying a concealed firearm hiking through the woods to a secluded fishing spot while wearing a backpack - and been convinced that you could actually get to it when you needed it? :?:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

flcracker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm For day hikes when you don't want to carry a tent to "prove" that you're going camping.

8 inches long, weighs 56 grams (2 oz.). $4.28 w/ free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/38inch-Portable- ... BKSN6&th=1
My inner redneck wants one of these for those times when I see a "good fishing hole" from the side of the road and wish I had a pole to throw a line into it!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

jwperry wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm
flcracker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm For day hikes when you don't want to carry a tent to "prove" that you're going camping.

8 inches long, weighs 56 grams (2 oz.). $4.28 w/ free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/38inch-Portable- ... BKSN6&th=1
My inner redneck wants one of these for those times when I see a "good fishing hole" from the side of the road and wish I had a pole to throw a line into it!
This one is reviewed as pure junk - it's a $5 toy. There are other collapsible fishing rigs out there that work much better, and if you ever find an original working Ronco Pocket Fisherman for under $30 I would jump on it!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

NorincoKid wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm So I'm still somewhat new to some of the laws in Florida.

I've read you can open carry while fishing. I'm not too crazy about that, for a few reasons but understand why one would do it. I think I've read of people being.....pestered.....by people who don't know that acceptable to do.
Which means more people need to be educated on what their rights are. I open carry when I'm camping. Concerns are rabid animals, dangerous animals or two-legged threats (in that order imo).
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

As has been posted many times here, I open carry while fishing A LOT, like all the time and open carry going to and from the fishing spots.

Most people who will actually talk to me (fishermen are generally friendly) are not bothered by the sidearm nor are they calling the local LEO.

I do carry a "Cuban Rig" for fishing at any time of the day or night with one in each car and motorcycle that I ride.

Open carrying while fishing is not a problem, at least anywhere on the west coast that I hit.

I have seen a few others who open carry these days. Perhaps the word is finally getting out that it's entirely OK to do this!

AD
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

What's a "Cuban rig" ?
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

flcracker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am What's a "Cuban rig" ?
Last edited by Lastrites on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

flcracker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am What's a "Cuban rig" ?
Head to Google and type in "Cuban Fishing Rig" and it will be pretty obvious. I thought I had a picture of one in my photo area but evidently I don't.

I believe they may be called "Survival Rigs" now because everybody and their brother is a pseudo-prepper these days but I only know it as a Cuban or Bolo rig.

You can also make something similar out of a large soda bottle when you're in "survival" mode.

I have a tarpon catch and release on the current $5.00 rig in my saddlebag, among other things.

AD
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Oh. A hand line.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

flcracker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm Your logic might be fine for when you're just fishing off a pier, but have you ever tried carrying a concealed firearm hiking through the woods to a secluded fishing spot while wearing a backpack - and been convinced that you could actually get to it when you needed it? :?:
I dont even like carrying a gun on my hip when in the woods. I put that junk in the backpack and sling the rifle or shotgun across and be done. Lol