Bersa BP9CC

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
revelation

Bersa BP9CC

Post by revelation »

The Bersa is a 8 round single stack 9mm pistol. Some reviews have stated that Bersa does not recommend keeping one in the chamber for concealed carry because of a 3.5 pound trigger. I do not carry and am a little confused. It seems silly to carry a pistol that is not ready to fire. I think good a lot of training, holster and trigger discipline would negate this issue. Is this too light of a trigger? Feedback is much appreciated.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

3.5 lbs is very light - if you're carrying it in Condition One. However, (at least in the case of my Bersa 380 Thunder Plus) because it is DA/SA I carry it with the hammer down in a DA configuration, so the DA trigger is considerably heavier than 3.5 lbs.
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

I carry Bersa Thunder combat in 380 on occasion, my Glock 42 is so much lighter its my EDC now due to the weight, but I really like the bulkier feel of the Bersa, fully loaded definitely not a pocket gun, it's a clone of the Walther PPK 380 just a nice looking, functioning handgun. Got to carry one in the chamber all the time, defeats IMHO the whole purpose of concealed carry, I want to pull the trigger immediately!! if the occasion presents itself, not racking the slide, advantage bad guy if I gotta do that. Need to end the scenario instantly if not sooner ..the difference I believe between the Bersa combat and the plus is the 15 rounds it holds, I'm sorry I didn't purchase the double stack plus ...
revelation

Post by revelation »

tcpip95 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm 3.5 lbs is very light - if you're carrying it in Condition One. However, (at least in the case of my Bersa 380 Thunder Plus) because it is DA/SA I carry it with the hammer down in a DA configuration, so the DA trigger is considerably heavier than 3.5 lbs.
Your condition on is my concern. No safety but your finger. If I chose to get one I can use a snap cap to practice my draw. When a manufacturer recommendes not carrying one in the chamber that raises some red flags!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
revelation

Post by revelation »

tcpip95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
It is a single stack striker fire pistol.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

revelation wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm
tcpip95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
Missed that.

I agree; 3.5 lbs is pretty light, and would be foolish to carry it with one in the chamber, and equally foolish to have to rack the slide to chamber one in an emergency.
revelation

Post by revelation »

tcpip95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm
revelation wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm
Missed that.

I agree; 3.5 lbs is pretty light, and would be foolish to carry it with one in the chamber, and equally foolish to have to rack the slide to chamber one in an emergency.
Thanks for the input. I am not buying it for safety reasons you stated. Back looking at a M&P shield. I don't think you can go wrong.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Yeah, that's very light for a carry pistol.
Especially considering how a surprise adrenaline filled situation can affect things.
That 3.5 pull could feel almost non existent.