How much to replace oil pan?

Discussions of all things with motors, wheels, wings and ?????
User avatar
rug357
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:23 am
Location: Pembroke Pines (just North of Miami)

How much to replace oil pan?

Postby rug357 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Anybody know about how much it will cost to have an oil pan replaced on my 2007 Sienna minivan?
I would think it's a simple job at a shop and replacement pan/gasket part should be less than $100.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

User avatar
FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Broward

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby FSUnoles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm

No labor on a car is < than $100. Per a 30sec google search:

The general range is between $100 and $350, but there are some vehicles which cost significantly more for this repair. For parts, you will pay anywhere between $40 and $150 for oil pan gasket replacement. The part itself is not the expensive part of this repair, as you can see, but the labor can often be intensive.

User avatar
rug357
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:23 am
Location: Pembroke Pines (just North of Miami)

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby rug357 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 pm

FSUnoles wrote:No labor on a car is < than $100. Per a 30sec google search:

The general range is between $100 and $350, but there are some vehicles which cost significantly more for this repair. For parts, you will pay anywhere between $40 and $150 for oil pan gasket replacement. The part itself is not the expensive part of this repair, as you can see, but the labor can often be intensive.


Thanks [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Didn't realize it was that expensive to replace the oil pan.
I meant $100 for just parts...not including labor.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

User avatar
FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Broward

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby FSUnoles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:32 pm

rug357 wrote:
FSUnoles wrote:No labor on a car is < than $100. Per a 30sec google search:

The general range is between $100 and $350, but there are some vehicles which cost significantly more for this repair. For parts, you will pay anywhere between $40 and $150 for oil pan gasket replacement. The part itself is not the expensive part of this repair, as you can see, but the labor can often be intensive.


Thanks [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Didn't realize it was that expensive to replace the oil pan.
I meant $100 for just parts...not including labor.


My mistake, yeah parts seem like they'd be inexpensive especially on a 10 year old Toyota. Labor is always the killer. Hopefully someone will do it locally for cheap.

User avatar
rug357
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:23 am
Location: Pembroke Pines (just North of Miami)

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby rug357 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 pm

FSUnoles wrote:
rug357 wrote:
FSUnoles wrote:No labor on a car is < than $100. Per a 30sec google search:

The general range is between $100 and $350, but there are some vehicles which cost significantly more for this repair. For parts, you will pay anywhere between $40 and $150 for oil pan gasket replacement. The part itself is not the expensive part of this repair, as you can see, but the labor can often be intensive.


Thanks [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Didn't realize it was that expensive to replace the oil pan.
I meant $100 for just parts...not including labor.


My mistake, yeah parts seem like they'd be inexpensive especially on a 10 year old Toyota. Labor is always the killer. Hopefully someone will do it locally for cheap.


I got a buggered up drain hole thread in the pan.
I'm going to try to fix it for now.
Gotta find someone with some Time-sert experience and/or tool.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

User avatar
Springfield
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1104
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:29 am
Location: Orlando

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby Springfield » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:43 pm

rug357 wrote:I got a buggered up drain hole thread in the pan.
I'm going to try to fix it for now.
Gotta find someone with some Time-sert experience and/or tool.

They make oversized drain plugs for that problem. Check this link for the idea, not saying I'd recommend this particular kit or not but you get the idea.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... p?pt=N0672
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

User avatar
rug357
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:23 am
Location: Pembroke Pines (just North of Miami)

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby rug357 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Springfield wrote:
rug357 wrote:I got a buggered up drain hole thread in the pan.
I'm going to try to fix it for now.
Gotta find someone with some Time-sert experience and/or tool.

They make oversized drain plugs for that problem. Check this link for the idea, not saying I'd recommend this particular kit or not but you get the idea.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... p?pt=N0672

I'm going to use a self-tapping over sized plug for now but I want to put in a Time-sert insert for more permanent solution later.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

User avatar
flcracker
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5538
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Oldsmar

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby flcracker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Springfield wrote:
rug357 wrote:I got a buggered up drain hole thread in the pan.
I'm going to try to fix it for now.
Gotta find someone with some Time-sert experience and/or tool.

They make oversized drain plugs for that problem. Check this link for the idea, not saying I'd recommend this particular kit or not but you get the idea.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... p?pt=N0672


This.

To swap out the pan, likely involves unbolting the motor mounts and jacking up the motor and tranny on separate jacks.

Get the oops plug. Done.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4295
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby 870Mike » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Re-thread with the Lisle kit and be done with it.

$91 on Amazon vs. $159 @ FLAPS:

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-58850-Oil- ... thread+Kit
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 am
Location: Lehigh Acres, Fl

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby draggindakota » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am

Had a cross threaded plug on my old Town & Country. I tracked down the correct tap, re-tapped the hole and bought a new OEM plug. The hardest part was finding the correct tap (NAPA had it). Obviously make sure you flush some oil through the pan to get out any metal shavings.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am
Location: Manatee County

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby boomboom » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

KimberGoldMatch
Member
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:48 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby KimberGoldMatch » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:08 pm

rug357 wrote:Anybody know about how much it will cost to have an oil pan replaced on my 2007 Sienna minivan?
I would think it's a simple job at a shop and replacement pan/gasket part should be less than $100.


2007 should make it a 3.5L engine, a lower oil pan is a 12102-0P020, list is $185.90, warranty time to replace is 1.8 hours and Motor time is 1.9 hours times whatever the shop's labor rate is.

User avatar
neonnight34609
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6570
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:44 pm
Location: spring hill Florida
Contact:

Re: How much to replace oil pan?

Postby neonnight34609 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm

parts and labor your looking close to 500ish buxs don't forget it will need new oil and filter too :)
"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne


Return to “Gearheads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest