Ruger .22 Charger

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
Methane251

Re: Ruger .22 Charger

Post by Methane251 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:16 pm

/:f
I wonder if anyone in this forum has tried taking off the barrel on this pistol? I tried to replace it with a full length barrel removed from an older 10-22, but the Charger barrel would not budge. Seems as if it's in there with Loctite or something similar.
In case you're wondering why I'd try to replace the barrel, I just wanted to see if it could be done.
The trigger on the Charger that I have has such a hard pull, that sometimes you think the safety is on. This can be easily corrected however.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Methane251 wrote:/:f
I wonder if anyone in this forum has tried taking off the barrel on this pistol? I tried to replace it with a full length barrel removed from an older 10-22, but the Charger barrel would not budge. Seems as if it's in there with Loctite or something similar.
In case you're wondering why I'd try to replace the barrel, I just wanted to see if it could be done.
The trigger on the Charger that I have has such a hard pull, that sometimes you think the safety is on. This can be easily corrected however.
its easier and preferred to start new topics rather than bump 6 month old topics

but to answer your question, yes it can be removed, mine was a little tough to get out, there is no loctite its just pressed in , I cucked the barrel up in a vice and IIRC had a hell of a time ( with heat ) to get the receiver off the barrel, you have to lightly twist and pull, bolt must be removed ( so you don't snap off the extractor ) and soaking it in penetrating oil could help....Ruger makes their newer BX trigger series as well as many other aftermarket companies like ValQ and KIDD

I replaced my barrel not to see if it could be done [smilie=011.gif] , but to swap it for a SS 6 inch KIDD bull barrel that was threaded for my Silencer Co Sparrow
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 am

I had difficulty removing my barrel as well. Had to pay a gunsmith $20 to remove it for me so I could install the Tactical Solutions barrel.

They come out much easier on high round count 10/22s.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Speaking of the BX25 drop-in trigger, has anyone tried it out yet? I got a flyer from somewhere that had the BX25 trigger on sale at 50% off and was wondering if it was a worthwhile investment.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

gforester wrote:Speaking of the BX25 drop-in trigger, has anyone tried it out yet? I got a flyer from somewhere that had the BX25 trigger on sale at 50% off and was wondering if it was a worthwhile investment.
I think CDNN has them on sale right now for $ 49

I installed one for a customer, it had a decent crisp 2.5 to 3 lb pull, but no real live fire experiance

if you find a store that has them in stock, the display packaging has a dry fire block that lets you try out the trigger , reset and try over and over
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.