Remington 522-1 extractor info

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Remington 522-1 extractor info

Post by LurkMastR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Looking for videos, how-to's, diagrams, etc. for installing the extractor on a Remington 522-1 rifle. I've seen some basic disassembly & cleaning videos, but no details on the extractor, spring, and plunger. Trying to fix my dad's rifle. Thanks in advance!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Remington 522-1 extractor info

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:16 am

IIRC once you get the bolt out, use a pick and depress the plunger ( part #7) to the rear of the bolt, then with a helper or 3rd hand, lift the extractor ( part # 6 ) straight out tweezers may help, the plunger is under pressure ( spring is part # 8 ) , don't let it or the plunger go flying across the room.

I use a large space bag with a hole cut in one side for talking things apart retained with springs, that way if it goes flying it will stay in the bag, a pillow case will also work in a pinch

the extractor is only $ 6.60 ( and currently out of stock ) , but the spring and plunger assembly is $ 10 so don't loose them.

sometimes those parts do not return to stock at Numrich, you can search the web or call Remington and send it back, if you complain enough they will send a call tag and cover shipping
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.