Any Experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 lr ammo?

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
rug357

Any Experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 lr ammo?

Post by rug357 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Anybody here have any personal experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 long rifle ammunition? I'm mostly interested in the accuracy out of rifles and handguns. I've had some people tell me the accuracy was very good and excellent but most people are telling me it was not accurate. Also, are there any reliability issues (FTF or FTE) in auto loading weapons?
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Any Experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 lr ammo?

Post by Big_Mike » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm

rug357 wrote:Anybody here have any personal experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 long rifle ammunition? I'm mostly interested in the accuracy out of rifles and handguns. I've had some people tell me the accuracy was very good and excellent but most people are telling me it was not accurate. Also, are there any reliability issues (FTF or FTE) in auto loading weapons?

I bought a couple thousand rounds of these during the panic and paid dearly for them, they were all I could find in bulk at that particular time. I found them to be very reliable and they cycle my auto loaders well.

I have a 10/22 with a green mountain .920 HB with a 1/16" twist. I can put 5 rounds in a group about the size of a dime at 50yds on a good day. I do get occasional flyers, maybe 1 round in 25 is noticeably off.

My marlin with a microgroove 1/16" shoots bigger groups with this stuff, probably on the order of a 2" avg at the same distance if I'm being honest. Could be scope, shooter, or platform I guess.

The one time I stretched it out to 100yds I think I shot about a 2.5" group with the 10/22.

They are much more accurate and consistent than the mini mags IMHO, but they're no Elay Match for sure.
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

Trouter3

Re: Any Experience with CCI’s Velocitor .22 lr ammo?

Post by Trouter3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:02 pm

I prefer the 22 Stingers myself, although never had any functioning problems with the Velocitor rounds, this is using in a handgun, Walther P22 and a 1911 with a Ciener 22 conversion kit, ysda at the WPB picked up a box of the new 22 copper rounds have heard some good reports about its accuracy ..prices on the Stingers and Velocitors at the show ranged from $8-$10 a box of 50 ...