Weed Wacker Patch Puller

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Weed Wacker Patch Puller

Post by czharry » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Here's a little thing I found, just thought I'd post it here.

Years ago I learned this trick from a rim fire forum. You take a piece of weed trimmer line, in my case .065, and cut it a foot longer than your barrel. You need the old style smooth trimmer line.

You melt the end with a lighter and make a ball, and on the other end you cut it at a angle so you can use to pierce through a patch.
I was using these in my 10/22s but couldn't on my Mini 14 or AR because the line would get hung up in my muzzle break. Then I got the idea to use a plastic shaft from a Q-Tip. I flatten it in a few places with pliers and slip on the line to hold the line straight so it will go through the muzzle break.
The ball on the line does a good job of holding patches tight in the barrel makes cleaning fast and easy.

It's especially nice for 10/22s -- when you start to notice your accuracy falling off, run a wet patch and a couple of dry patches down the bore, and you're back in business.
I keep a Weed Wacker cleaning kit in the pistol grips in my M4 carbine and 10/22 with a BC folder.

There's a storm coming.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Weed Wacker Patch Puller

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

Someone at the Otis company just went .....pfft =:wvr
[smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:30 am

Rentprop1 wrote:Someone at the Otis company just went .....pfft =:wvr
[smilie=011.gif]
Meh, who cares. This is an homage to cheap bastards everywhere, especially FSN. [smilie=icon_wink.gif]
There's a storm coming.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:19 pm

if you don't get the smooth weed wacker cord, you'll be in the emergency room as soon as you try it ....the cord I use has like 5 sides that are razor sharp [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.