HK 416 D

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
Nimble1

HK 416 D

Post by Nimble1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:02 am

Ordered an HK 416 from CDNN a few weeks ago and finally got out to C Webb to shoot it. Boy, was that place a zoo...LOL Will wait until after the season to return. But back to the gun. I only ran a couple of hundred rounds through it as the weather was crappy too but it functioned great! The only FTF's were my fault due to not inserting the mag completely. The ammo I used has to be at least 15 years old but it worked fine, even the old Federals that were pretty cruddy looking.
The gun looks great with a nice heft and feel. I added a Truglo red/green dot sight and Tapco rail covers for comfort. Don't plan on lights or lasers...its a 22 not a true tactical rile..LOL
I will head to Shoot Straight soon to dial the sight in and run some more ammo through it. Now I just need to find someplace that actually has 22LR for sale!

Nimble1

Re: HK 416 D

Post by Nimble1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 pm

OK..have over 550 rnds through this gun and it is lots of fun to shoot. Seems to eat any ammo that I run through it with no problems. Mags are very easy to load,even easier to empty [smilie=011.gif]
The Truglo sight worked fine or as good as it can considering my old eyes and not so steady hand. Have plenty of ammo now so plan on running it lots more. Just wished there was a place that I could go to shoot and shoot cans like the good old days..

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 am

Very nice.
Yeah, unless ya' live somewhere really out in the boonies, the good ole' days are pretty much gone.
No more shooting into the nearest river bank or hillside. [smilie=012.gif]
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Nimble1

Post by Nimble1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Went to the range and did get the red dot sighted in OK. My old eyes just don't work as well as the used to..LOL So I am trying out a Monstrum 3 power scope. It is cheap but got pretty good reviews so I will see.