All in One Tool for Ruger Mark pistols

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

All in One Tool for Ruger Mark pistols

Post by czharry » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Thought this was interesting.

Gear Review: All in One Tool for Ruger Mark Pistols

The Ruger Mark I/II/III and 22/45 series of pistols are awesome little guns. And like the 10/22 rifles, plenty of people count their first pistol experience as one that involves Ruger’s .22 plinker extraordinaire. One problem — some might say the only problem — with the pistols, though, is how damn difficult they are to disassemble and reassemble for cleaning. Enter this oddly shaped, but VERY functional tool from The Right Tool Company . . .

The All in One Tool is a single piece of Delrin shaped in such a way to assist with the takedown and reassembly of the aforementioned pistols. Before I go much further, let’s cut to the chase: if you own one of these guns, you should own this tool. Now, I love me some specialized tools, and this is 100% a very specialized tool.

Now that I have the All in One Tool, teardown takes all of 30 seconds thanks to the purpose-built hook that pulls the action spring apart without scratching the finish on the frame. Before, I always used a paperclip which scratched the finish. Or a fingernail, which always ended up peeling away from my finger leading to much cursing of Bill Ruger’s ghost.
(read the rest at the link)
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/1 ... k-pistols/

UPDATE: The tool no longer seems to be for sale via Amazon. If you’re interested, please contact Right Tool Company via the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/TheRightToolCompany
(Has instructional videos)

Our apologies, but the Amazon site is experiencing technical difficulties. Amazon has told us this should be back up and running tomorrow afternoon. Free shipping is being offered until January 6th,
There's a storm coming.

JBubba57

Re: All in One Tool for Ruger Mark pistols

Post by JBubba57 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:39 pm

I bought 3 of these last month, one each for my Mark I standard and Mark II Stainless Target model, and the third for my daughter for her Mark I standard. Neither of us has had a chance to try it, but we've never done anything previously with our 3 except use a bore snake and some solvent (haven't felt the need to do more so far), so I'm not sure when we will try it, but I wanted it for when that time comes!

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Sometimes, I like to take things apart even when nothing's wrong.
There's a storm coming.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 am

I don't understand the source of difficulty in the disassembly and reassembly of these pistols.
If the instructions are followed, it's just not hard to do.
And how does this tool help with the reassembly?
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."