Walther G22

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
Aaron

Walther G22

Post by Aaron » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Got one just recently despite all the bad press.
Shot 325 rounds of Federal Target, (the stuff it's almost impossible to get at Wallyworld) without any failure to fire or eject.
What a fun gun!
Aaron
Outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

Arguing with a liberal is like wrestling a pig in the mud. You both get dirty....and the pig loves it!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact.

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Walther G22

Post by jmikeb653 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 pm

I bought one when they first came out. Loved how it felt in my hand and it had very few misfires, accuracy was fine too..... BUT!!.... it ejected every piece of empty brass right between my eyes!..... I went to the Walther Forum and modded the ejector like they said and took it to the range.... now it ejected all over the general head area, even with a hat and my shirt buttoned up i still got a few pieces of hot brass down my shirt so i traded it and got a Bersa Thunder22 [ Love it! ] Did they fix the eject issue!
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."

Aaron

Re: Walther G22

Post by Aaron » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:51 pm

I would have dumped that G22 too.
I bought a custom shop gold cup that ejected right between my eyes, distracting during a match!
I brought it back to Colt and they fixed it.
My G22 works great so far.
Aaron
Outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

Arguing with a liberal is like wrestling a pig in the mud. You both get dirty....and the pig loves it!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact.