22 LR shortage or price gouging?

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
CHRISMAN71

22 LR shortage or price gouging?

Post by CHRISMAN71 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 am

Hello, I have been searching wallmarts for a weeka nd they are all out of the 500 round bricks of 22lr it seems people are camping out and grabbing theses rounds before they hit the shelves as they sell them elsewhere at huge markups. I don't think there is really a shortage but I would like to know if there is a place to buy a reasonably priced brick of 500 - 550 rounds for around 25 bucks internet or brick and morter. It is pretty annoying to go buy the smalles caliber and a pawn shop or local supplier wants to charge 60 bucks for freaking 22 lr brick. or try to sell you expensive ccis which I would not use I would rater buy 9 mm fot the prices. If anyone knows anywhere from crystal river florida to tampa /st pete or internet who is hones seller at decent brick prices let me and everyone know where to find this amo and not pay pawn shop prices?
thanks

chris

PM me soon to get a free day at my private crystal river private property range 5 hrs pistol only.

paddledan
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: 22 LR shortage or price gouging?

Post by paddledan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:55 am

Rural king has 22 ammo on hwy 19 one mile north of spring hill drive. its in the old kmart on the east side of 19.
I'd rather die while im living than live while im dead.
pdan ======Dyslexia as LLEH.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 am

www.9mmammo.com...10 cents a rd delivered
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Its out there you just have to look, several folks just scored at the new Rural King in Spg Hill and Cabela's regularly has some, you just have to look everyday and strike instantly.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

M14man
Life Member
Life Member

Post by M14man » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Rural King limits you to 2 boxes per caliber. Thus you could buy 2 -100 rd boxes of Remington for 7.99 each. Bring your wife and a friend....

riff_raff

Post by riff_raff » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:55 pm

You just missed a whole lot of .22 ammo at AIM Surplus. They had two versions of CCI and buckets of Remington Golden Bullets. They posted it last Thursday and it lasted a couple of days before it sold out.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 am

I kind of gave up on .22 pistols awhile back.
Too difficult to find ammo, and so expensive that it ruins the reason for even shooting .22.
So, I switched to a CO2 powered blow back pellet gun.
At handgun distances, it's about the same feel and accuracy.
And for pennies instead of dollars - like .22 is supposed to be.
To make sure it wasn't my imagination, I handed the pellet gun to my smarter half to try.
She only likes to shoot her dot scoped .22 and is very good with it.
She said the pellet gun was about the same, in every way.
Just a thought.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

mercurial

Post by mercurial » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:Its out there you just have to look, several folks just scored at the new Rural King in Spg Hill and Cabela's regularly has some, you just have to look everyday and strike instantly.
Same thing when buying online, you have to be looking around and strike instantly when some .22lr becomes available. Cabelas, SGAmmo, MidwayUSA and others all get some in at different times, and often it only lasts a few minutes to a few hours. Gunbot will give you a little bell when something new is added, and you can decide whether it's a good deal or not before clicking on the link.

mercurial

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Go to slickguns. Com and lookt at it often. They pop up pretty fast. There have been some good deals recently.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

CHRISMAN71

Post by CHRISMAN71 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 pm

thanks for all the answers, no bulk 22 available but fro what I have heard it will be soon before THE SHORTAGE IS OVER. THE HELL WITH PAWN SHOPS AND OTHER PLACES CHARGING OVER 10 CENTS PER SHOT, rural king is avail as you mentioned and 8 cents. I have idiots calling me trying to sell me bricks of 500 for 15 cents a shot no way id rather get some 9m. Thanks for all the responses and I look forward to the days when wally mart has some in stock and I can get a bucket of 1400 lol.
take care
chris

CHRISMAN71

Post by CHRISMAN71 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Rural king was out of theit 100 rnd packs of remingtom a week after they opened, local shops close to spring hill selling bulk packs 22 lr for 18c a round still, they must be buying up all the wally ammo and tripiling the price. Best I can find is back ordered or a brick of thunderbold or whatever for no less then 50 bucks with shipping.

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:21 pm

today I was shopping for thanks giving at walmart at 8 in the morning and went to renew my fishing license and saw the ammo being brought out. all the cci mini mags where snatched up by 4 guys and 3 I have seen selling at gun shows at a markup. the rest was hidden in a bottom draw by the register so the clerk could buy it later. this is why people can never find it. walmart had every other caliber I buy in decent amounts.
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.