Governor Choice?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Governor Choice?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm

camacho wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 am
It goes down to electability. I like Putnam but with Trump throwing support behind DeSantis, Putnam might have a steep hill to climb. Finally, anyone but a Democrat. They are all wolves and not in sheep’s clothing anymore.
Has Pres. Trump offered any reasoning as to why he chose DeSantis over Putnam? I would imagine he knows both of them, given the time he's spent in FL.

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Mon May 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Bruce Nathan is viable candidate, he is a firm 2A supporter. I met him at the Tallahassee rally and after his speech, I had a chance to talk with him for a bit, then again, at the Sarasota 2A rally last month, I again talked to him. He puts Putnam and DeSantis to shame.
https://www.facebook.com/brucenathan2018/
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Mon May 28, 2018 8:15 pm

boomboom wrote:Bruce Nathan is viable candidate, he is a firm 2A supporter. I met him at the Tallahassee rally and after his speech, I had a chance to talk with him for a bit, then again, at the Sarasota 2A rally last month, I again talked to him. He puts Putnam and DeSantis to shame.
Never heard of him
Thanks for bringing him up

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon May 28, 2018 8:38 pm

boomboom wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:09 pm
Bruce Nathan is viable candidate, he is a firm 2A supporter. I met him at the Tallahassee rally and after his speech, I had a chance to talk with him for a bit, then again, at the Sarasota 2A rally last month, I again talked to him. He puts Putnam and DeSantis to shame.
But can he win the GOP Primary? And can he then win the election???

camacho

Post by camacho » Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
camacho wrote:
It goes down to electability. I like Putnam but with Trump throwing support behind DeSantis, Putnam might have a steep hill to climb. Finally, anyone but a Democrat. They are all wolves and not in sheep’s clothing anymore.
Has Pres. Trump offered any reasoning as to why he chose DeSantis over Putnam? I would imagine he knows both of them, given the time he's spent in FL.

I have not red about why is Trump choosing DeSantis. Good question though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Vote for the candidate that will best work w the President I say
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:38 pm
boomboom wrote:
With enough people spreading his name and if they believe he's the choice and vote for him, it's possible. He's like Trump, he doesn't owe anyone and no one is in his pockets.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:38 pm
boomboom wrote:
No to both. Nathan has no executive experience and his only political experience was running as an Independent candidate for US Senate in 2016. Betcha didn't hear of him then.
His so-called campaign is pure vapor. An exercise in egotism and in getting his name in the public record, even if its as a loser. [smilie=042.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:06 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm
camacho wrote:
DeSantis is mostly in DC, and on Fox news Channel a lot. Putnam's in Florida. Only reason I can see.
Their stands on everything are close to identical, despite DeSantis' campaign lying and taking out of context Putnam's votes when he was in Congress.
Putnam has a proven 2A record, not just hot air.
Only Putnam's style is smoother and more attractive than DeSantis who comes across more abrasive and doctrinaire. Given that a lot of the public seems to only care about looks and feeling it gives Putnam an advantage in the general election.

And +1 on the Democrats. You might as well vote for Maduro or Kim Jong-un as any of them. Right now it looks like they want to run Gwendolyn Graham, as a "centrist" (no clenched fist salutes or red flags?) and the lamestream media is dumping on the other Democrats.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refine ... te-florida

Gilliam says in article if elected she’ll enact an assault weapons ban via EO in Florida along w mag bans. There it is folks. If she wins I’m moving out of state
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Tue May 29, 2018 10:33 am

If she wins, I'm ignoring her order.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am

Gilliam says in article if elected she’ll enact an assault weapons ban via EO in Florida along w mag bans. There it is folks. If she wins I’m moving out of state
Hah. Good f#;.,/g luck. That will cost her everything north of Orlando by itself.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Skoll wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm
Gregh181 wrote:

Hah. Good f#;.,/g luck. That will cost her everything north of Orlando by itself.
Except Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and a portion of Tampa Bay. The three biggest population centers up north! ](*,)

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue May 29, 2018 1:13 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 pm
Skoll wrote:
Gregh181 wrote:

Except Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and a portion of Tampa Bay. The three biggest population centers up north! ](*,)
I didnt know Jacksonville was blue, tbh. Well s';t.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue May 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Skoll wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:13 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 pm
Skoll wrote:
Gregh181 wrote:

I didnt know Jacksonville was blue, tbh. Well s';t.
Jacksonville (Duval County) itself, is, by population. The surrounding areas might not be as much, though.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue May 29, 2018 1:39 pm

I would expect a close race if both parties avoid nominating obviously defective candidates. In Florida like 90% of the votes are already carved up 45/45. It is the other 10% being fought over.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

camacho

Post by camacho » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Gregh181 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refine ... te-florida

“Gillum and King have both criticized Graham for not going far enough on gun control.”

Damn...I wonder what their platforms call for.

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 am

boomboom wrote:Bruce Nathan is viable candidate, he is a firm 2A supporter.
He doesn't have any statewide recognition though, and little backing from major groups. He won't make it through a primary this year.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:28 am

weaselfire wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 am
boomboom wrote:Bruce Nathan is viable candidate, he is a firm 2A supporter.
He doesn't have any statewide recognition though, and little backing from major groups. He won't make it through a primary this year.

Jeff
You are probably right, but that is no reason not to vote your conscience in the GOP primary. Your vote there serves to tell the GOP what kind of candidates YOU want to see put up by the party. It is only after the primary that GOP voters should have to consider "holding their nose."
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:05 am

One of the bottom dwellers of the Democratic gubernatorial list, Chris King, wants to tax bullets to fund "epidemiological medical studies of gun violence."

He doesn't have the faintest idea of what he's talking about and is just parroting the gun control BS from the usual gun ban groups. As are the rest of the Democrats:

"Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum and former Congresswoman Gwen Graham want to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, require background checks for all gun purchases and take away guns from those accused of domestic violence. Former Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine has called for a ban on assault rifles and also overturning a state law that prohibits cities and counties from enacting their own gun bans. King supports all those measures, too."

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politic ... ion-sales/