Rick Scott for Senate?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Rick Scott for Senate?

Post by P5 guy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:57 am

If the GOP cannot come up with a better candidate to run for Senate, Bill Nelson will die in that senate seat.
](*,) :ham'r [smilie=014.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:02 am

Dave M wrote:
What are the odds this guy is speaking how he feels, and not going to change.
DeSantis always seems to have strong convictions - Until it comes to representing his district. Never seems to think, speak or act in the interests of his constituents, unless they align with his national goals.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Post by RevCharlie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am

Mr. My [smilie=042.gif] Don't Stink DeDicklicker is my Congressman :ham'r I would vote for a pile of dog [smilie=042.gif] before I'd vote for him for Gov'ner! [smilie=flush.gif]
/:f

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:03 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 pm
Gregh181 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Ron DeSantis for Governor. Navy JAG lawyer, 39 years old, served in Iraq,endorsed by trump. Just publicly said he would not of have voted for the Fl gun control bill and he would of immediately suspend Sheriff Israel
It's funny... but I'm starting to see some "anti" DeSantis ads on Fox News Channel! I forget the name of the "org" that's responsible for them, but I'll post that as soon as I see the ad again.
Probably from the Putnam campaign
I saw another ad this evening. It's the "National Liberty Federation" that's sponsoring the ads.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:52 am

My father asked me what Scott is going to say about firearms. My guess he won't say anything and hopes no one asks, except Nelson. Then, he can engage Nelson directly on gun control without mentioning his own gun control legislation. Even then, it's dicey. Whatever Nelson says, I think Scott still has a record of more gun control passed.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 am

Oddly enough, I'm now starting to see Adam Putnam for Gov. campaign commercials on CBS.... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:52 am
My father asked me what Scott is going to say about firearms. My guess he won't say anything and hopes no one asks, except Nelson. Then, he can engage Nelson directly on gun control without mentioning his own gun control legislation. Even then, it's dicey. Whatever Nelson says, I think Scott still has a record of more gun control passed.
Nelson is an a;;h;;e, but we know that and further, know what to expect. Scott is a crook, smiling in your face and, when we wonder what that pain in the middle of our collective backs is, then we know what Scott really is about. I am not voting for Senator at all, unless there is some obvious Libertarian on there for a protest vote. If Nelson gets back in, it's a known quantity and any "real" Republicans can plan accordingly.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:37 am

Florida senate vote feels like the 2016 Presidential vote all over again. No matter who wins, we're gonna lose.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:54 pm

The problem with the Senate is that, beyond the individuals, you are effectively also voting as to which PARTY controls that part of Congress. And it is the Senate which confirms--or blocks--Presidential appointments, including the Supreme Court. So strategic voting for the Senate is more complicated. Even a bad Republican has value (so long as he isn't so bad that he switches parties in office, which has happened).
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 pm

tector wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:54 pm
The problem with the Senate is that, beyond the individuals, you are effectively also voting as to which PARTY controls that part of Congress. And it is the Senate which confirms--or blocks--Presidential appointments, including the Supreme Court. So strategic voting for the Senate is more complicated. Even a bad Republican has value (so long as he isn't so bad that he switches parties in office, which has happened).
I would not be so confident in Scott in that regard. Otherwise, you are correct, considering also committee chairmanships.
NRA Endowment Member

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:47 pm

REDinFL wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 pm
tector wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:54 pm
I would not be so confident in Scott in that regard. Otherwise, you are correct, considering also committee chairmanships.
And the committee memberships themselves, seeing that the party in power usually has a majority of members on each committee... hence the votes will usually go the way of that party... "usually...." [smilie=011.gif]

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 am
Oddly enough, I'm now starting to see Adam Putnam for Gov. campaign commercials on CBS....
Why is that odd? Putnam's been positioning for the governorship for over eight years. And he has a lot of money to spend, being so wealthy himself.
Brian

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 am
Oddly enough, I'm now starting to see Adam Putnam for Gov. campaign commercials on CBS....
Why is that odd? Putnam's been positioning for the governorship for over eight years. And he has a lot of money to spend, being so wealthy himself.
I guess the odd part being that it was CBS and not FOX News...... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:11 pm

They aren't running down here, yet. All I have seen is that Levine a;;h;;e.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm
I guess the odd part being that it was CBS and not FOX News......
If you want to win, you have to do more than shout at the people that agree with you.
Brian

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm
I guess the odd part being that it was CBS and not FOX News......
If you want to win, you have to do more than shout at the people that agree with you.
Very true! [smilie=011.gif]

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 am

REDinFL wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am
I am not voting for Senator at all, unless there is some obvious Libertarian on there for a protest vote. If Nelson gets back in, it's a known quantity and any "real" Republicans can plan accordingly.
So in effect you are in favor of an assault gun ban? Plan to turn in your guns accordingly. [smilie=014.gif]
https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-vot ... uW0wpch0dU
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 am

jjk308 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 am
So in effect you are in favor of an assault gun ban? Plan to turn in your guns accordingly. [smilie=014.gif]
Because Rick Scott would never trample on your firearm rights ](*,)

The election may show us his true colors, if someone presses him about it and if he thinks the majority wants an AWB. It would not surprise me at all if he came out with a non-committal answer on banning; and if he does, he will lose my vote as he has shown already that when push comes to shove he will cave. He may break a promise, but if he won't even promise then he will certainly cave, and I've no use for him.
Brian

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:37 am

jjk308 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 am
REDinFL wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am
I am not voting for Senator at all, unless there is some obvious Libertarian on there for a protest vote. If Nelson gets back in, it's a known quantity and any "real" Republicans can plan accordingly.
No. But, I don't trust Scott not to help one along, whether specifically or by construction. As I said in another post, real republicans (I didn't say whether Plebs or Patrician) need to plan accordingly [whether the RINOS in the Congress, Scott would only be another one, surprise us].
NRA Endowment Member

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:15 pm

I am not all that hot on Scott. However, I will vote for whomever is running against that worthless piece of crap Nelson.