Rick Scott for Senate?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Rick Scott for Senate?

Post by AirForceShooter » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am

Sure isn't my first choice.
Why can't the republican party of Florida give us good candidates?

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

dammitgriff

Re: Rick Scott for Senate?

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

I gave up believing our politicians represent the people many years ago, and have moved on to criticize and ridicule the government at every opportunity...as all fed-up Americans should.

tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tcpip95 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 pm

AirForceShooter wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am
Sure isn't my first choice.
Why can't the republican party of Florida give us good candidates?

AFS
Who would be a better candidate - one that will beat Nelson?
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 am

Well, he has officially announced. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

If it comes down to Nelson vs. Scott, I'll have to hold my nose and vote for Scott. We absolutely cannot allow the dems to get control of the Senate. We need a GOP majority in the Senate for confirming judiciary candidates and other Cabinet level positions, etc. We might get another 1-2 SCOTUS pics before the end of Pres. Trump's first term. We need to ensure the Senate will confirm his nominees.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 am

Do you have to be registered to a party to vote for Senate in FL?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am

Skoll wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 am
The August primary, yes.

The November general election, no.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am

tector wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am
Skoll wrote:
The August primary, yes.

Thanks. I find the idea of joining a party to vote abhorrent, honestly. That and anyone can look you up on the internet via your party registry.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 am

Skoll wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am
tector wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am
Skoll wrote:
The August primary, yes.

Thanks. I find the idea of joining a party to vote abhorrent, honestly. That and anyone can look you up on the internet via your party registry.
I am not sure why that should be public record, but you are right, it is.

You can always switch to GOP right before the cutoff for the primary, and switch back to NPA right after. I used to do that years ago.

In 2008, if you recall, after the primaries, there arose an issue amongst the Dems about the FL primary--it was too early. So they were not going to count the results (which went to Hillary), and the idea of a revote was put out there when Obama v. Hillary was so close. So I briefly switched my registration to DEM just in case, so I could vote for Hillary (I viewed her, correctly I think, as a much weaker candidate than Obama). But then that idea of a revote died, and after switching back to GOP I have just left it there since.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Really not happy with Scott right now after the age hike and bump stock fiasco, but what do you do? Let Nelson get re elected? It’s like choosing between a turd sandwich and a douche bag..

camacho

Post by camacho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Anybody but Nelson. That guy needs to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 am

Nelson has never met a gun ban or gun control bill that he didn't fall in love with. Try to call, communicate with his office in any way on the subject and you get a brush off. His mind is made up by his party and he doesn't want to listen to anything else.
The same is true for every other Democratic platform plank. He's for them all, and might as well be replaced with a cardboard cutout labelled: Generic Democrat
[smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Daryl

Post by Daryl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm

camacho wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:46 pm
Anybody but Nelson. That guy needs to go!
I agree!!

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Ron DeSantis for Governor. Navy JAG lawyer, 39 years old, served in Iraq,endorsed by trump. Just publicly said he would not of have voted for the Fl gun control bill and he would of immediately suspend Sheriff Israel
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Ron DeSantis for Governor. Navy JAG lawyer, 39 years old, served in Iraq,endorsed by trump. Just publicly said he would not of have voted for the Fl gun control bill and he would of immediately suspend Sheriff Israel
It's funny... but I'm starting to see some "anti" DeSantis ads on Fox News Channel! I forget the name of the "org" that's responsible for them, but I'll post that as soon as I see the ad again.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Probably from the Putnam campaign

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
What are the odds this guy is speaking how he feels, and not going to change.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 pm
Gregh181 wrote:
It's funny... but I'm starting to see some "anti" DeSantis ads on Fox News Channel! I forget the name of the "org" that's responsible for them, but I'll post that as soon as I see the ad again.
I agree with DeSantis on just about everything. But his problem is that he's ignored, for his whole career, everything in Florida and concentrated on national conservative issues. He's become a creature of the DC Beltway, a professional politician, and even bought a new house when he was redistricted.
The Democrats consider DeSantis the easiest Republican to beat because of his lack of local connections and apparent disdain for Florida institutions and news media.
As far as suspending Sheriff Israel goes, the A Governor has the power to suspend any Florida official not subject to impeachment for "malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony." The universal legal opinion is that the Governor has to be able to prove Israel has been guilty of one of those offenses, and that means an investigation is mandatory, not a trial by newspaper headlines. Scott acted accordingly and has ordered the FDLE to investigate Israel's actions. If Israel was ever acquitted of the charges, or won a lawsuit for reinstatement then the Governor would be forced to reinstate him as happened with Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch in 2013. DeSantis is a lawyer and should know this, but preferred to pander to the conservative base.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 am

Translation, he’s not the mainstream Romney like politician you like, we get it

NRA Benefactor Member

pharmer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pharmer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 am
His mind is made up by his party and he doesn't want to listen to anything else.
I was on a flight from DC to Florida about a dozen years ago. That arrogant jerk treated everyone like dirt, like gold coins flew out of his arse. Anybody short of Shave-ass the wonder dog would be better. Joe
Deplorably Optimistic

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Nelson has spent almost his entire life in politics. If ever there was a DC swamp critter, Nelson personifies it. Plus he has his nose so far up Pelosi's arse I don't think he can tell day from night.