Rubio won't campaign against Nelson

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Rubio won't campaign against Nelson

Post by tector » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am

RUBIO ON THE SENATE RACE

Rubio said he won’t campaign against U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, his Florida Democratic counterpart, as Nelson runs for re-election this year.

But that doesn’t mean Rubio will abandon Scott, who is the likely Republican challenger to Nelson.

“Bill Nelson and I have a very good working relationship,” said Rubio, who described his working relationship with Scott as “positive” on issues that align.

“I will support the Republican nominee, who, if Rick Scott runs, it will be him,” Rubio said. “And I think he’d do a good job if he was a senator. And it’s not an indictment on Bill. I couldn’t ask for a better partner. Especially from the other party. But come election time, I want my party to win. Just like he wants his party to win. I don’t have anything negative to say about him (Nelson). But I clearly want to have more Republicans in the Senate.”

Scott will make a Facebook announcement on April 9 that is expected to be his formal entry into the Senate contest.

http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/back ... l-priority
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Rubio won't campaign against Nelson

Post by MikeFL86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm

They're all the same.
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:20 pm

MikeFL86 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm
They're all the same.
Famous last words as a Democratic majority abolishes the 2nd Amendment.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:28 pm

they may not be all the same. but they all have drinks together at night.
All they want is power, each in his own way
Aaron
outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:20 pm
MikeFL86 wrote:
They're all the same.
Make up your mind. In one thread you assure us there is nothing to worry about--the current moment will pass like the Occupy movement (your comparison, sir). Then here you are warning of doom because it is quite possible there will be a Democratic Congress by January 2021(i.e. less than 3 years away) and a Democratic President (if they don't nominate a total loser this time around).

I happen to think your first position was idiotic and wrong--we are in a period of great and increasing danger. But at least I have made up my mind.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Rebel wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:28 pm
they may not be all the same. but they all have drinks together at night.
All they want is power, each in his own way
Aaron
And money, don't forget the money. In my very best "Deep Throat" voice, "Follow the Money."
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MikeFL86 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:03 am

jjk308 wrote:
MikeFL86 wrote:
They're all the same.
Trump himself is seeing to that by giving the ATF the power to make firearms law.
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:22 am

tector wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 pm
jjk308 wrote:
MikeFL86 wrote:
They're all the same.
Make up your mind. In one thread you assure us there is nothing to worry about--the current moment will pass like the Occupy movement (your comparison, sir). Then here you are warning of doom because it is quite possible there will be a Democratic Congress by January 2021(i.e. less than 3 years away) and a Democratic President (if they don't nominate a total loser this time around).

I happen to think your first position was idiotic and wrong--we are in a period of great and increasing danger. But at least I have made up my mind.
The Democrats have pretty much decided they can't get the 2/3 majority everywhere to abolish the 2nd Amendment.... So they are claiming they can pass any sort of gun control law they want, instead. And that it'll be legal under the 2nd Amendment.

Anyone who thinks that we can disparage our friends for not being perfect and ignore our enemies because we have a probable political majority is taking a huge risk.

The danger to our freedom will NEVER disappear. "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty".
/:f
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.