Student Protestors

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Rebel

Student Protestors

Post by Rebel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Eddie Cochran on student protesters.
I learned after being pepper-gassed several times in the 60's, that student protests don't mean squat.
The moral -less liberals are taking advantage of the kids they brainwashed in the educational system

https://youtu.be/MeWC59FJqGc?t=79

Aaron
outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Student Protestors

Post by jjk308 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 am

They are on the stage.

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school.

As You Like It, Act II, Scene
William Shakespeare
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 am

Under the circumstances, I prefer the ''Tomorrow and tomorrow, etc'' scene from Macbeth, which ends:

"...A poor player that struts and frets
His hour upon the stage until
He is heard no more. It is
A tale, told by an idiot, full
Of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.''
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 am

+1 I can guarantee that any of their "victories" will be meaningless and eventually fade away.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey, I don’t care why they’re out of school...at least they’re safer outside than in!
I used to skip school and drive over to Crescent beach with some friends from my senior high school class.
Different times, for sure.

Crashpanic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Crashpanic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Most of these protests aren't spontaneous. They are being organized. And heaven forbid you don't want to be part of the astroturfing because you disagree. You will be forced to participate, or else.

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1076385-ohio-st ... classroom/

playswithstyrene

Post by playswithstyrene » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 pm

They're are plain political pawns, and will be discarded by the politikos like used shake-n-bake bags when they're thru. #-o

"Woke" generation, my ass. These yuutes are so woke that they can't see the forest for the trees. =:wvr
“A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.”

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:44 am

Yep.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:04 am

Remember "Occupy"? Did it do anything except maybe help Trump get elected?

These "teen" gun protests will not have any more effect than the Occupy movement, except the inevitable disillusion and backfire because a. Nothing happens and b. Not only does gun control not work the protesters have no idea what it really is - a sham.

New York Times Sunday Review | Editorial
Protesters Against Wall Street

OCT. 8, 2011

As the Occupy Wall Street protests spread from Lower Manhattan to Washington and other cities, the chattering classes keep complaining that the marchers lack a clear message and specific policy prescriptions. The message — and the solutions — should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention since the economy went into a recession that continues to sock the middle class while the rich have recovered and prospered. The problem is that no one in Washington has been listening.

At this point, protest is the message: income inequality is grinding down that middle class, increasing the ranks of the poor, and threatening to create a permanent underclass of able, willing but jobless people. On one level, the protesters, most of them young, are giving voice to a generation of lost opportunity.

The jobless rate for college graduates under age 25 has averaged 9.6 percent over the past year; for young high school graduates, the average is 21.6 percent. Those figures do not reflect graduates who are working but in low-paying jobs that do not even require diplomas. Such poor prospects in the early years of a career portend a lifetime of diminished prospects and lower earnings — the very definition of downward mobility.

The protests, though, are more than a youth uprising. The protesters’ own problems are only one illustration of the ways in which the economy is not working for most Americans. They are exactly right when they say that the financial sector, with regulators and elected officials in collusion, inflated and profited from a credit bubble that burst, costing millions of Americans their jobs, incomes, savings and home equity. As the bad times have endured, Americans have also lost their belief in redress and recovery........

And endless pages of the same drivel.....

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 am

Apparently you already forgot the laws just passed in Florida.

Alzheimer's is a bitch.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Yep.